Rosenthal: Nats Interested in Balfour

Rene88

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcdw0

Prediction: Bslfour has a great season for the Nats and they avoid the vesting option on Soriano.

I have zero confidence in what this FO is doing right now, none. I will admit it if I am wrong on Balfour but I think he will have a good season and we will bad once again.

At least I can see him pitch down here-only 4 or 5 metro stops from Crystal City.

Be interesting to see how this plays out.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcdw0

Prediction: Bslfour has a great season for the Nats and they avoid the vesting option on Soriano.

I have zero confidence in what this FO is doing right now, none. I will admit it if I am wrong on Balfour but I think he will have a good season and we will bad once again.

At least I can see him pitch down here-only 4 or 5 metro stops from Crystal City.

Be interesting to see how this plays out.

But, aren't you actually a Nationals fan? Shouldn't you be glad?

I would imagine he would be pissed off at the team but I would have a hard time imagining him not trying his best in the playoffs or any other time. Even on the cynical side, he'd still be trying to impress teams for his 2015 contract. A few blown saves in the playoffs could cost him millions.

I thought Balfour would be closing. My bad.

Unless you are just assuming he would be disabled by then.

I thought Balfour would be closing. My bad.

Unless you are just assuming he would be disabled by then.

I would assume that Balfour would be closing. Or, that he and Soriano would share the job. Key is to keep Soriano's option from vesting. I'm sure Soriano will be pissed off, but he'll be playing for his next contract.

I hope Balfour has a great season. I hope he proves the Orioles wrong for his own sake as a human.

But I challenge you to do this: If Balfour has shoulder issues next year, will you start a thread saying how you were wrong and praising the Orioles FO for not signing damaged goods?

I hope Balfour has a great season. I hope he proves the Orioles wrong for his own sake as a human.

But I challenge you to do this: If Balfour has shoulder issues next year, will you start a thread saying how you were wrong and praising the Orioles FO for not signing damaged goods?

I would not think that would be a popular position.

Sure, though I never really had a problem with the physical examination part of it versus those efforts by some condemning the professionals willing to speak on Balfour's behalf. Though so far the team has rebounded poorly from the Balfour fiasco though there is time remaining to make a nice move or two.

Absolutely. I easily could be wrong. I don't think he spends significant time on the DL in 2014 though. Odds are he will be on the DL at some point.

Archived