Orioles can't let Davis and Hardy leave

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Boston or the Yankees REALLY want a player, they will pay whatever it takes to get them. Especially the Yankees. With Tex coming off the books, the Yankees can give Davis the 8 year, 180 million contract that Tex got.

That would be okay with me, if the Yankees want to keep throwing huge contracts at declining veterans.

Speaking of Davis the MLB Shredder had Davis as the 7th best first baseman in 2014.

1.Cabrera

2.Votto

3.Goldschmidt

4.Gonzalez

5.Mauer

6.Napoli

7.Davis

8.Freeman

9.Fielder

10.Encarnacion

Sorry But Davis is better then Gonzalez Mauer Napoli.

Napoli ahead of Davis is just bizarre. You could make an argument for the other five guys, but I'd put Davis fourth on that list.

Napoli ahead of Davis is just bizarre. You could make an argument for the other five guys, but I'd put Davis fourth on that list.

Shredder likes walks, UZR and discounts real power. It treats doubles and Homers like hits because it over values OPB.

Hopefully Davis turned a corner but I believe we have seen the best of him. He is likely a .270 or so hitter that hits a fair share of homers and flirts with 200 SOs each year. O's fans over value him, and rightfully so...he made for a fun season to watch. I still think he should have been traded this off-season. I expect his numbers to drop significantly this year.

Hopefully Davis turned a corner but I believe we have seen the best of him. He is likely a .270 or so hitter that hits a fair share of homers and flirts with 200 SOs each year. O's fans over value him, and rightfully so...he made for a fun season to watch. I still think he should have been traded this off-season. I expect his numbers to drop significantly this year.

bullcrap-bull****-its-bullsht-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-203.gif

condescending-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-309.gif

bullcrap-bull****-its-bullsht-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-203.gif

condescending-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-309.gif

You can reply with whatever snarky gif you want, it's more realistic to expect a large dropoff in production than to expect a similar year to last. A smart team capitalizes on his inflated value, especially when it's not likely that he extends on a reasonable contract.

You can reply with whatever snarky gif you want, it's more realistic to expect a large dropoff in production than to expect a similar year to last. A smart team capitalizes on his inflated value, especially when it's not likely that he extends on a reasonable contract.

Davis will come down from last year but he's still a .280 35 to 45 hr a year and 10 RBI and plays a great First base. I bet you wanted to trade Jones a couple years ago too right?

Davis will come down from last year but he's still a .280 35 to 45 hr a year and 10 RBI and plays a great First base. I bet you wanted to trade Jones a couple years ago too right?

100 RBI Fixed.

I don't really disagree with those numbers. I don't think he continues with MVP caliber seasons. Not that it's impossible but I just don't buy into the Superman Davis hype. I would have liked to see him traded for some pitching while fresh off a top-3 MVP season. The fact that Boras is his agent leads me to believe he is as good as gone anyways.

The Orioles have spent years looking for a power hitter like Chris Davis and there is no reason at all to allow him to leave. You have to pay the man and keep him as a Oriole. If Chris Davis leaves the Orioles as a free agent it will be the most disappointing thing to happen to the Orioles while I have been a fan. I have been a Orioles fan since 1996. I don't even want to think about Chris Davis playing for the Yankees. That would be the last straw for me.

Archived