Frobby

Predict Nick Markakis' OPS for 2014  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Predict Nick Markakis' OPS for 2014

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[

Nah, I am saying he's not the same player and his option should be used. If he wants to resign with us next year for $7m.. then sure. But I don't want him around for $17m if he has another 2013.

I don't think anyone will disagree with that. The harder question is, let's say Nick comes in at .800ish. Do you exercise the option then? Remember, keeping Nick costs $15.5 mm more than letting him go -- they'll spend $2 mm on the buyout if they don''t exercise the option.

[

I don't think anyone will disagree with that. The harder question is, let's say Nick comes in at .800ish. Do you exercise the option then? Remember, keeping Nick costs $15.5 mm more than letting him go -- they'll spend $2 mm on the buyout if they don''t exercise the option.

I don't then I extend him the qualifying offer. If he accepts then it is basically the same as if they picked up the option, if he walks they get the pick.

I'm bumping all the projection threads I've done in the last week or so to encourage everyone to get their votes in today. Over the weekend, I'm going to look them over and post some conclusions about where the OH community seems to be with respect to the Solid Six.

[

I think you pay the buyout no matter what he does this season. If he does well you can negotiate a team friendly extension, but you don't offer him 17 M ever.

I think you pay the buyout no matter what he does this season. If he does well you can negotiate a team friendly extension, but you don't offer him 17 M ever.

If he breaks 4 WAR I think you have to seriously consider it. Sure 15 million is a lot of cash but it is just one year contract at the end of the day.

HR's: 23

RBI's: 103

BA: .293

OBP: .372

R's: 97

2B's: 43

3B's: 2

SB's: 4

BB's: 71

SO's: 88

HBP: 5 (If Sabathia is one of them, we're all going to beat the crap out of him.)

MVP: 22nd

ALL-STAR GAME: No.

GATORADE: Glacier Freeze for the entire season.

Archived