MLB continues to be information technology idiots.

tntoriole

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I appreciate the feedback and support...but I am not a novice. I have been involved professionally in videoconferencing developing telemedicine applications for twenty years. I eventually do get MLB TV working satisfactorily, but I have a large bandwidth feed to my home. I have been a subscriber to MLB TV every year since they originated the service. I think they should be able to deliver a better and more consistent product...i understand others disagree and respect that different people have different experiences. But thanks for your offer of assistance...i may yet take you up on it if i pull out the remaining hair..lol.

Yeah, no problem. (I thought my memory from other threads was that you're tech savvy. But you know how it is with message boards.) I only chimed in when I saw you repeating the comparison to your other more effective streaming experiences that aren't the same. I agree that it's fair to expect a good product for $130 when netflix and amazon can provide a great product with a lot more content for less than that. But of course there's a big difference between streaming what you already have ready to stream versus streaming what's happening right now. (Great example: Have you watched a live feed on youtube? Spotty but still kind of awesome.)

That said, MLBAM (the MLB created company behind MLB.tv) is a fascinating story. I have as much faith in them as I do in the giants of the tech industry. Unlike the NCAA trying to stream all of their D1 Championship events.

(tnt, I'm posting this for anyone reading the thread, not specifically you:) The more we understand about the technology being attempted to do something (like stream a live sporting event to whomever wants it wherever they want it on whatever device they want it), and the more we understand about our own devices, the easier it is to figure out what's going wrong and whether we can do anything about it or whether we just have to wait for the technology to get even better.

Yeah, no problem. (I thought my memory from other threads was that you're tech savvy. But you know how it is with message boards.) I only chimed in when I saw you repeating the comparison to your other more effective streaming experiences that aren't the same. I agree that it's fair to expect a good product for $130 when netflix and amazon can provide a great product with a lot more content for less than that. But of course there's a big difference between streaming what you already have ready to stream versus streaming what's happening right now. (Great example: Have you watched a live feed on youtube? Spotty but still kind of awesome.)

That said, MLBAM (the MLB created company behind MLB.tv) is a fascinating story. I have as much faith in them as I do in the giants of the tech industry. Unlike the NCAA trying to stream all of their D1 Championship events.

(tnt, I'm posting this for anyone reading the thread, not specifically you:) The more we understand about the technology being attempted to do something (like stream a live sporting event to whomever wants it wherever they want it on whatever device they want it), and the more we understand about our own devices, the easier it is to figure out what's going wrong and whether we can do anything about it or whether we just have to wait for the technology to get even better.

Thanks very much for the information and feedback!!

Thanks very much for the information and feedback!!

I'm glad you took it that way. I thought that whole post didn't offer anything knew to you. And if you thought I was just talking at you, it'd sound preachy and annoying. To make it worse, I don't know squat about reconfiguring a mac.

:leaving:

Archived