How many wins will the closer role cost the Orioles?

Barnaby Graves

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Statistically, about 20% of his opportunities. To answer the OP. It will happen, accept it.

You better believe that I and others here still reserve the right to say we should have brought in (or kept) someone who may have a worse success rate on the season the moment hunter blows his first save! Think Robert andino and joe Saunders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What book is that? Can I buy it on Amazon?

edit: I just checked my daughters Kindle and there is no book about high-heat strikeout closers on it.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="border:0px" src="http://books.google.com/books?id=FrUYdXKZFZwC&lpg=PA179&ots=Jc7w9G2wMh&dq=the%20book%20tango%20closers&pg=PA179&output=embed" width=500 height=500></iframe> This is all I see.

A blown save opportunity tonight, but we still won the game, so it is still 0 at the moment after 11 games.

Although, the blown save DID cause us to have to use additional pitchers from the bullpen for an additional 3 innings.

I hope that that doesn't happen a lot, which could result in a potential cumulative effect (on the bullpen, overall) as the 162-game marathon season progresses.

Archived