Hardy confused from lack of extension talk

SerenityNow

I never said that. I said the availability of both will keep the price down a bit. I want J.J. to stay. Just not at Ubaldo money.
Drew has averaged 1.1 W over the past 4 years to Hardy's 3.7, Cesar Izturis might still be availale too. SF, MFY, BOS, won't be too excited about either IMO.. OAK might. They're cheap. I think BOS or SF is Hardy's best fit if the O's can't keep him

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Yankees may sign him to play SS' date=' he'll be better than Jeter is.[/quote']

Apparently you did not see him blow a routine play that cost Kershaw a no hitter earlier this year. It's become commonplace with Hanley. He's not good at SS and calling him an upgrade over Jeter isn't saying much.

If Hanley is marketed as a SS' date=' then he increases the "supply" on the market, with JJ and Drew. Now what is the demand? NY, obviously and Baltimore. [b']Who else will be in the market for an upper level SS?[/b]

Expensive. I think that Andrus gets moved this off-season as well. Expensive.

I think the odds on re-signing JJ went through the roof after Manny's injury and now his resurgent performance offensively has earned him more than few millions. Hope he keeps getting hotter and hotter and becomes the 2014 World Series MVP.

Agreed. With Manny having no off-season, his possible transition to SS gets delayed even further.

If Hanley is marketed as a SS' date=' then he increases the "supply" on the market, with JJ and Drew. Now what is the demand? NY, obviously and Baltimore. Who else will be in the market for an upper level SS?[/quote']Read the thread I listed them already. They would be NYA,BOS, NYN, SF, SEA, OAK.

I think 3/35 is fair. 40 is pushing it, 30 isn't enough.

On second thought?because of the Machado injury (for the 2nd year in a row) Hardy clearly has the upper hand. It could turn out to be 40.

Yeah, the questionmarks about Machado make it a lot more important that the O's keep Hardy - and I think he's Buck's favorite player, so it'd be hard to picture the O's not re-signing him. The durability of Jones in the OF and Hardy in the infield has been a key for the O's success.

His agent must be smiling himself to sleep at nights.

Archived