vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/22

OFFNY

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You would never see that happen to the Red Sox or Yankees.

That's exactly what I said. It's mind-numbing that the guys at 3 & 4, who are supposed to be hitting for power and average, are looking like chumps next to guys who are playing small ball. But that's what has been winning games this season, for the most part. I'm glad for it.

It may be a good time to point out that the game of baseball is a game of managing failure. You can fail as a hitter 70% of the time for an entire career and yet find yourself in the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, too many fans lack an understanding of that fact. Many of you, and I know the game threads allow more venting, seem to hate practically all of our guys. Suck it up, you guys sound like JTrea.

We do still play 9 right?

No hate for the guys. Hate the performance...or lack thereof. It is like being at a concert and the band keeps hitting the wrong note right in the middle.

Well that's a silly comment. Of course they care. I'd actually argue that Jones sometimes cares TOO much and gets ahead of himself. He was excited, hyper aggressive, and it cost him...
Quitter.

I like Adam Jones a lot. The problem is that I have never seen a team collectively have more unprofessional at-bats. Jones is incredibly talented and the fact that he refuses to change his approach drives me crazy. The team makes it incredibly easy on pitchers. It was the main reason the team missed the playoffs last year.

Call me a quitter if you want, but the beauty of watching games on TV is the ability to change the channel. They continue to do the same things wrong which makes it even more frustrating. It's like watching a Cam Cameron offense

Archived