Davis taken out of game...

MemorialStadKid

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm confused. All the OH message board doctors have diagnosed it and set his recovery time at 6-8 weeks. Plus, decided that the sky will fall if we don't sign Morales. Now, your trying to say the people who are in there are not ready to confirm Armageddon?

raining%2Bcats%2Band%2Bdogs1.jpg

All we can do is wait until tomorrow to see how he feels. Nelson Cruz is in the locker room so I am sure he can juice him with something, LOL, sorry bad joke at time like this. On a serious note we just have to wait and see how he feels tomorrow. I will say this, if he had some pain and was not feeling 100%, why was he in the line up at all to risk the worse injury?

All we can do is wait until tomorrow to see how he feels. Nelson Cruz is in the locker room so I am sure he can juice him with something, LOL, sorry bad joke at time like this. On a serious note we just have to wait and see how he feels tomorrow. I will say this, if he had some pain and was not feeling 100%, why was he in the line up at all to risk the worse injury?

In baseball guys are playing hurt all the time.

Because players play banged up all the time, and he thought he could play through it.

An oblique strain can put you out longer than an ACDF. Had a C6-C7 ACDF done a few years back and it healed quicker, and I was back in the gym far before the oblique strain I had afterward. ACDF sucks, it's no joke, but obliques are weird and can be crippling for a while - didn't believe the hype until it happen to me. Only time can tell, hope that Davis is ok! Btw, take it from an old dude; avoid rowing machines 100% w/ an oblique strain.

I'd rather stick him on the 15-day than play him hurt and risk something more catastrophic.

Just because the words "day by day" showed up on Roch's feed doesn't mean he's actually day by day -- it sounds like that's just what Davis said about himself, and what else is he gonna say? From Roch's blog: "If he had left it up to me, I would have stayed in there. It's probably why he didn't."

And also from his Twitter: "#Orioles will know severity of Davis injury tomorrow. In meantime could bring someone up and return to 12 man staff."

Just gonna have to wait and see.

As they said in the broadcast, the Orioles have a comparatively easy schedule in the next forty days. Only a handful of games against the East. Obviously it's not exactly a cakewalk as we saw tonight, but I would still rather the O's shelved Davis over this stretch in hopes that he could come back strong against teams like Boston and NY rather than have him be at 50% all year.

Morales should be a serious consideration if Davis is going to miss a month or more. This team is in win now more and losing Davis for an extended period pretty much squashes that with ubaldo pitching the way he is and our starters inability to get deep.

I still wish we would have acquired Santana when we had the chance. But morales seems like a no brainer if Davis really does need to go on the shelf.

Morales should be a serious consideration if Davis is going to miss a month or more. This team is in win now more and losing Davis for an extended period pretty much squashes that with ubaldo pitching the way he is and our starters inability to get deep.

I still wish we would have acquired Santana when we had the chance. But morales seems like a no brainer if Davis really does need to go on the shelf.

Can Morales pitch?

Archived