Taking Young Children to a Game

OStrohNattyBoh

With two year olds you rarely get the creeping, weird feeling that they're one beer away from releasing an uncontrollable flood of blood lust on the guy sitting next to them. Who may be you.

But couldn't you also by bad seating luck be submitting the two year old to the same environment? This point actually can be argued better taking a two year old to a park or playground with mostly other kids and parents would be safer and just as fun for the child. I really can't imagine two many two year olds watch much of the actual game and if they do, they certainly don' t understand it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took my youngest son to a Orioles game when he was less than a week old. Why? Because we had tickets, that's why.

We went to the US Open when he was about 9 weeks old. He made a loud baby noise when Tiger Woods was lining up a putt and the stands cracked up laughing.

Babies are people.

But couldn't you also by bad seating luck be submitting the two year old to the same environment? This point actually can be argued better taking a two year old to a park or playground with mostly other kids and parents would be safer and just as fun for the child. I really can't imagine two many two year olds watch much of the actual game and if they do, they certainly don' t understand it.

Two-year-olds don't understand trees or grocery stores or cars or butterflies or Sesame Street or lemons either. It's the job of parents to expose their children to the world, of which baseball is a part.

Two-year-olds don't understand trees or grocery stores or cars or butterflies or Sesame Street or lemons either. It's the job of parents to expose their children to the world, of which baseball is a part.

Yeah, I really want my two year old possibly exposed to drunks at a ball game. Sorry, but would rather take him or her to a park where there are other kids and their parents.

Yeah, I really want my two year old possibly exposed to drunks at a ball game. Sorry, but would rather take him or her to a park where there are other kids and their parents.

Why don't you give it a rest? You didn't respond to any of the original post questions and have repeated the same thing 100 times. We get it you don't like kids. You opinion of keeping kids out of the game is never going to happen. In fact the Orioles encourage parents to bring their kids to the game. You might as we'll be responding to someone asking what beers they have at the park with 100 posts about how beer shouldn't be sold at. Baseball games.

Why don't you give it a rest? You didn't respond to any of the original post questions and have repeated the same thing 100 times. We get it you don't like kids. You opinion of keeping kids out of the game is never going to happen. In fact the Orioles encourage parents to bring their kids to the game. You might as we'll be responding to someone asking what beers they have at the park with 100 posts about how beer shouldn't be sold at. Baseball games.

You don't get it at all. I love kids, I don't like stupid parents bringing babies 1-3 year olds out where they don't belong. It is almost a form of child abuse, but I

see some people will never get it. BTW, you need to stop posting false statements, as I have responded to many posts here. Read this s l o w l y, taking kids to baseball games is wonderful, if they are old enough. I think it depends on the child but on average I would say 4 -5 would be the youngest that would be advisable. Taking babies is a stupid idea.

Yes, we get it. Your grandkids are very sheltered because the world is terrifying to you and your family. Others have some pretty radically different takes on the subject.

Archived