Don't Expect Any Power From Hardy Standing 2 Feet Off The Plate

section18

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I blame Hardy for letting the contract negotiations, or lack thereof, for his performance so far. That and the DL stint.

He could definitely turn it around this year. But I dont see him being JJ until next year.

So, who is he this year? II? HH?

Although Im sure you understand what I said and are just being a smarta ss....Ill go along.

But this year he is AA. Because he's playing like a minor leaguer. Or atleast hitting like one.

I think he's more like ZZ, cause he looks asleep up there.

I'm assuming it's tremendously difficult to successfully face the best pitchers in the world while using constantly changing approaches. You'd be constantly relearning a lot of basic stuff like hand placement and stride and swing mechanics.

Cal Ripken famously changed stances three times a week and he was pretty inconsistent year-to-year. One year he'd fire off a .950 OPS, another year a .718. Maybe if he'd kept things simple, consistent, and straightforward there wouldn't have been so many ups and downs.

I always wondered why more pitchers didn't vary their arm angles all the time. Throw straight over the top, then drop down sidearm, then 3/4, then submarine. It's probably because I'm an idiot when it comes to high-level pitching mechanics.

Not an idiot, but obviously you never tried to pitch a baseball competively in any sort of level, say even high school. As you like to point out, if it was so easy to pitch side arm or straight overhand and then switch back and forth, every pitcher would be doing it....

Hardy has been one of the Os hottest hitters over the past week. He is starting to really hit the ball hard, and I have a feeling the homers will come. Unless his back is hurting more than he is leading on. 0 homers is concerning. But I think they will come.

Not an idiot, but obviously you never tried to pitch a baseball competively in any sort of level, say even high school. As you like to point out, if it was so easy to pitch side arm or straight overhand and then switch back and forth, every pitcher would be doing it....

Yea, if only I'd pitched high school ball I'd have a whole universe of understanding about Major League Baseball that I'm oblivious to now. Oh well, water under the bridge.

To me he looks like a guy playing through an injury. He's playing great D. I'd like to see him hit, but that is a bonus.

That's why I brought up the neck injury earlier. It's not like they say, "Okay, you can play now," and suddenly your neck isn't an issue.

With each passing day, he is working himself from a $15 million per year slugger into a $4 million slap hitter.

It's his way of saving the Orioles money.

When the season ends, Hardy will sign an extension that will be considerably cheaper than what everyone had been anticipating it might be previous to this season.

Once the ink on the new (and very affordable) contract extension is dry, he will go back to hitting between 20 - 30 HR's per season.

We have a fiscally responsible starting shortstop.

Archived