(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORIOLE33 said:

And you look up all the websites online and just about all will tell you that your best all around hitter usually hits 3rd.

But what are the reason's they give? The difference in PA between third and fourth is negligible Wouldn't you rather have your best hitter hitting with men on base?

9 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Pretty decent company.

I guess you have to hit a lot of bombs to be allowed to have that many sombreros. But still, no Bonds, Aaron, or Ruth (or Mays, Mantle, Murray, etc.) on that list. 

Just now, Uli2001 said:

I guess you have to hit a lot of bombs to be allowed to have that many sombreros. But still, no Bonds, Aaron, or Ruth (or Mays, Mantle, Murray, etc.) on that list. 

You think Manny belongs with that group. I don't

21 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Read The Book. Second and fourth tend to come up more often with runners on base. http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2009/3/17/795946/optimizing-your-lineup-by

That was a strange piece. I had never heard that your number-3 hitter is an afterthought as the writer says. It makes not sense, the #3 hitter is in the middle of all the action. I can buy the idea of batting your best hitter second only if you place a high-OBP hitter batting ninth, as a few teams do. Then you have essentially two lead-off hitters ahead of your #2 hitter. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me.

Manny sucks right now but so does everyone else on the team.

The only guy having intelligent at bats is Kim and he can't get into the lineup.

The approach appears to be swing for a home run every at bat, every pitch regardless of situation.

No bunting for basehits against shifts even when it could score a run and the guy at the plate is batting near the Mendoza line.

When it's teamwide, it's on Buck and Coolbaugh for not changing anyone's approaches.

I honestly think something is rotten in Denmark. This is the least fun I've ever seen a team have playing ball in the Buck era.

I have zero optimism right now, someone talk me down off the ledge.

Archived