(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

1 hour ago, Norfolk orioles said:

Manny sucks right now but so does everyone else on the team.

The only guy having intelligent at bats is Kim and he can't get into the lineup.

The approach appears to be swing for a home run every at bat, every pitch regardless of situation.

No bunting for basehits against shifts even when it could score a run and the guy at the plate is batting near the Mendoza line.

When it's teamwide, it's on Buck and Coolbaugh for not changing anyone's approaches.

I honestly think something is rotten in Denmark. This is the least fun I've ever seen a team have playing ball in the Buck era.

I have zero optimism right now, someone talk me down off the ledge.

Mancini is doing well.  Might not walk much but he will settle for singles, doubles and not just try to hit a 500 foot homer every time like Manny and Davis. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Norfolk orioles said:

Manny sucks right now but so does everyone else on the team.

The only guy having intelligent at bats is Kim and he can't get into the lineup.

The approach appears to be swing for a home run every at bat, every pitch regardless of situation.

No bunting for basehits against shifts even when it could score a run and the guy at the plate is batting near the Mendoza line.

When it's teamwide, it's on Buck and Coolbaugh for not changing anyone's approaches.

I honestly think something is rotten in Denmark. This is the least fun I've ever seen a team have playing ball in the Buck era.

I have zero optimism right now, someone talk me down off the ledge.

Schoop has been hitting well. He's had intelligent ABs. 

27 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Don't have to get anything checked. Just accept being wrong for once.

I am not sure why this is that much of an argument.

Anyways, Trout has batted second for 23.9% of his at bats this year. The rest have been at the three spot. His numbers are nearly identical (scaled to AB's) in both spots.

Again, don't really understand what this debate entails.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:03 AM, OFFNY said:

o

For the Orioles, a Fall to 3rd Place has been a Team Effort

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2017/05/for-the-orioles-a-fall-to-third-place-has-been-a-team-effort.html

o

o

For the Orioles, the Recent Hitting and Pitching Stats are Equally Bad

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2017/05/for-the-orioles-the-recent-hitting-and-pitching-stats-are-equally-bad.html

o

o

^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, Machado has been bad, but so has the entire team on both sides of the ball.

The only category in which the Orioles have rebounded in lately has been the bullpen. The starting pitching and the offense have been awful.

o