(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

<iframe width='640' height='360' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' src='https://sports.yahoo.com/video/open-mike-baseballs-latest-rap-041442365.html?format=embed' allowfullscreen='true' mozallowfullscreen='true' webkitallowfullscreen='true' allowtransparency='true'></iframe>

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/open-mike-baseballs-latest-rap-041442365.html

Don't know how to make that work.

36 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I'm expecting a big night from Manny tonight. Heaven knows he's do. 

And if he want to save his season, he really need to get it going. We're well into May and he's still only batting in the 220's. 

He is on pace for 7 wins with a .781 OPS. I think he will be just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

This would be the absolute perfect time to negotiate an extension. He might not like to negotiate right now, he might even be offended, but his value has taken a hit. If the Orioles make a meaningful offer, it might be hard for his camp to take the risk and pass up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

This would be the absolute perfect time to negotiate an extension. He might not like to negotiate right now, he might even be offended, but his value has taken a hit. If the Orioles make a meaningful offer, it might be hard for his camp to take the risk and pass up.

Agents are not that dumb. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

Doesn't matter if Manny is hitting .300 or .185, Manny is going to hit Free Agency no matter what his numbers are.

13 hours ago, Mayor McCheese said:

Doesn't matter if Manny is hitting .300 or .185, Manny is going to hit Free Agency no matter what his numbers are.

16 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

Agents are not that dumb. 

I am not saying they are dumb. It's risk management. If the Orioles make a meaningful offer, do they pass it up and risk getting less one a half years from now? What if his numbers do not improve? What if he has knee problems again? The Orioles would be taking a risk too of course.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Suarez. Largely because I reject the concept of ignoring the impact of removing them from the rotation. 
    • I was going to go with Burnes for the same reason but he seems to be locked into a very rigid structure that would not be possible in the closer role. I would want someone without recent arm problem  downtime and with the ability to dial up a K in crucial. That’s why I went with Kremer, although he gives up HR a bit too often.  
    • I disagree.  He is at his worst to start games.   He seems to need to warm up a bit before finding his groove.   Not sure he'd be able to get great in just one inning. 
    • I think it's more likely they get traded for a rental or someone who is a free agent after next season.  Teams that want prospects, even near major league ready ones, generally are rebuilding and not interested in trading away young pitching.  Though maybe a team like the Yankees, a contending team that needs more offense, would be willing to trade young pitching for some bats.  Gleyber Torres is underperforming at 2B, so maybe they'd be willing to trade a couple pitchers in the 11-20 range on their prospect list for Connor Norby.  Can't see the O's and Yankees trading good prospects to each other in general, but there could be a match with Norby if the O's and Yanks were willing to trade.  Of course the Yanks would probably rather trade better prospects for Jordan Westburg, but the O's won't be doing that.   Then there is the curious example of the Oakland A's.  They are barely contenders for a playoff spot, but they are in there.  For this reason they may interested in buying and selling -- selling one or two of their good MLB level relievers for a Stowers or Norby.  They may not want Mayo or Kjerstad because they'd cost too much in a season in which they are actually competing in a relatively weak AL West.  But who would they be willing to let go of and still remain competitive?  I have no idea though maybe only someone from the minors that can't help them this season.  Bu there is the chance the team just sells and punts on the season.  If so, and if Mason Miller cost too much, the O's could target their other relievers with Stowers. The Cardinals could be the best trade partner, though if they're selling again this season I'm guessing they'll probably want a premium bat like Kjerstad for Helsey.  If the O's targeted their minor leaguers, then maybe a deal could be made for Norby and/or Stowers.  The Cardinals need offense, period.  
    • Wells gives up too many home tuns consistently so asking him to close is like asking for a blown save. 
  • Popular Contributors