MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

o

That HR may be one of the prettiest balls off the bat all year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this is the start of a hot streak and a great finish to the season.  If he can get up to the .290 range for the season, that'd be quite a feat.

I remember a few years ago when Davis had 3 homers against the Pirates and then went right back to sucking.  Hope this isn't the same thing.

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hopefully this is the start of a hot streak and a great finish to the season.  If he can get up to the .290 range for the season, that'd be quite a feat.

I remember a few years ago when Davis had 3 homers against the Pirates and then went right back to sucking.  Hope this isn't the same thing.

Manny has a level of bat control and sound mechanics that this shouldn't happen.  As long as his head is right I full expect him to go back to being the hitter we've seen the past couple seasons.  

I think you'll see Manny finish around .260 .330 .490 with about 35 home runs. Down year overall for him, but still a very good year. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Manny has a level of bat control and sound mechanics that this shouldn't happen.  As long as his head is right I full expect him to go back to being the hitter we've seen the past couple seasons.  

I think you'll see Manny finish around .260 .330 .490 with about 35 home runs. Down year overall for him, but still a very good year. 

Don't look now, but he hasn't been great since the ASB last year.  

Honestly, as long as the power numbers are there and there's a good separation between the batting average and on base percentage, I'm fine with something like you've outlined.  

Manny put the team on his back last night, like a superstar player should.  That was impressive to see.  That 3-run HR, right before he hit it, I'm sitting there thinking, "This is a time where he needs to get the big hit, and he'll probably pop it up trying to hit it 430'."

Oops, lol.....

I still think they've got to move him, but man, games like last night sure give me pause...

.223/.297/.435/.731

18th out of 22 qualifying ML 3B

What team would consider Manny a major upgrade to what they already have?

No chance that he is dealt in July, hope he has a fast start next year and plays a good SS to increase his value. Doesn't hit enough to be a 3B

4 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

.223/.297/.435/.731

18th out of 22 qualifying ML 3B

What team would consider Manny a major upgrade to what they already have?

No chance that he is dealt in July, hope he has a fast start next year and plays a good SS to increase his value. Doesn't hit enough to be a 3B

Oh brother. I hope he stars at 3rd. Who was the last good 3rd baseman for the O's before Manny? Cal? I know Manny is struggling.