60th Anniversary Event on August 8

TonySoprano

According to a press release, the club is welcoming back 23 Orioles Hall of Famers who will take part in a post-game celebration. Among the legends expected to attend are Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson Cal Ripken Jr. and Eddie Murray.

The guest list also includes Brady Anderson, Mike Bordick, Don Buford, Al Bumbry, Doug DeCinces, Rick Dempsey, Dick Hall, Chris Hoiles, Bill Hunter, Dennis Martinez, Tippy Martinez, Scott McGregor, Ray Miller, Gregg Olson, Milt Pappas, Boog Powell, Ken Singleton, B.J. Surhoff and Eddie Watt.

During special pre-game ceremonies, the Orioles will honor long-time season plan holders who have been with the club since the inaugural season in 1954. They also will recognize the Oriole Advocates organization for hosting the sold-out 60th Anniversary luncheon, which will honor members of the Orioles Hall of Fame earlier in the day.

During the game, the Orioles will wear 1954 replica throwback uniforms that will later be autographed and auctioned off at www.orioles.com/auction to raise funds for the Baltimore Orioles Charitable Foundation.

Don't leave early to beat the traffic.

Following the game, the Orioles Hall of Famers will be introduced on the field during a laser light and fireworks display which will feature highlights from the franchise's 60 years in Baltimore that will be displayed on the ballpark's video boards and the side of the B&O Warehouse.

source - Roch

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if they'll have any '54 Orioles there? A number of them are still with us - Billy Hunter, Don Larsen, Billy O'Dell, Joe Durham, Gil Coan, probably a few more.

That would be a nice touch. It's a shame Don Lenhardt just passed away last week.

Somewhere, Larry Bigbie and Ken Gerhart are probably checking their mailboxes several times a day.

Geez, you think they would have at least invited Palmer. :)

There are a few guys mentioned in here that I'd love to see or hear mentioned on the 8th.

[video=youtube;n1SMVr-MPHY]

I hope the Orioles remember in some way the executives, other off-the-field personnel, managers and coaches who helped build (and re-build) the franchise.

Is it just me, or have Old Timers Games stopped being a thing? I can't remember one happening for a long time. When I was a kid I went to a few, and saw Luke Appling, Brooks, Rocky Colavito, etc play. They were fun.

Have you seen the Phillies?

Is it just me, or have Old Timers Games stopped being a thing? I can't remember one happening for a long time. When I was a kid I went to a few, and saw Luke Appling, Brooks, Rocky Colavito, etc play. They were fun.

Man that used to be awesome! Old Timers Games and scheduled double headers....two things I miss about baseball.

I was wondering why Palmer wasn't originally announced, but I guess he worked out his schedule since then.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>268-game winner Jim Palmer will also join the 60th Anniversary Celebration! Don’t miss out: <a href="http://t.co/BsfVdUDN3l">http://t.co/BsfVdUDN3l</a> <a href="http://t.co/pig0cjOLVH">pic.twitter.com/pig0cjOLVH</a></p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">July 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's been a long time for anyone other than the Yankees to have one.

Archived