vs. MARINERS, 7/25

OFFNY

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Baring injury Adley gets more War. Who do you want up to bat in a winner take all playoff game? Who do you want behind the plate with a Rickey Henderson type on first base in a tie ballgame 9th inning? I really bought into the switch hitting Jesus thing with Wieters.  This disappointment (perhaps misguided) led me to really not want to use a 1/1 draft pick on a catcher.   I am kind of wishing we went with Witt.   I think I heard people saying the most important position on defense is catcher.  So how does it compare to SS or Centerfield.   Would you be better off using Rick Dempsey type all glove and arm with light bat or going all in on a 1/1 on a catcher? If this has already been discussed tons dont yell at me I sometimes go months or weeks without posting.  
    • Glad Bob Melvin and I don’t see eye to eye on that issue Well said, that make two of us, Bunting Ced down 5-3 with nobody out that late in the game is absurd.
    • Sorry to hear this--wishing you a sound recovery, in time for the O's run to the Series! (That would speed up the healing!)
    • Santander is a good case for the Rule V draft. That's unfortunately the same system that's going to make his next contract potentially look bad. If only he were a couple of years younger. It's hard to commit 25+M to a player at 30+. He's going to be missed in Baltimore, on the field and by the fans, but he's someone that they're going to have to let move on. 
    • While I agree and find your comment funny, maybe just say something along the line of”Don’t give up on this team” or “Quite being Debbie downers” instead of assuming they are projecting the own misery in their lives. People might take it better if it doesn’t feel like a personal attack. Either way, that win felt good and I HOPE this is finally the turning point going into the playoffs soon. 
    • I've made it clear that if they don't sign Santa and Burnes I'm ok with it as long as the money is allocated to other players they feel that fits their profile better .You know you have people on here like SG who only hears what he wants to hear. I need to learn to ignore that guy. 
  • Popular Contributors