vs. Mariners 7/27

weams

Hmmm, you know I've been questioning this one thing lately. Do you all think Crowley would have this offense in better shape than Presley? When Crowley was here we just didn't have the talent. Now we have a handful of guys with talent not living up to potential.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well for starters, he's been a very good defender and he's hit some very big HR's on the road this year and clearly, management thinks he will hit better THIS year with more at bats,and he will. I think he's a player learning on the job. More than that, Ryan Flaherty hit his way out of the starting lineup.We don't have better alternatives.

I know but why can't this organization develop Major League ready hitters when they get here? I mean back in the day, he wouldn't even get a sniff at being on the Major League roster let alone starting. Let's face it Mr. Firestone, Flaherty and Schoop shouldn't be in the Major Leagues. Flaherty's glove keeps him here but that old adage about shaking a tree and fifty good gloves fall out in the minors is true. Hard to believe the O's can't find one that can hit at least .250. Maybe Billy is just frustrated.

I know but why can't this organization develop Major League ready hitters when they get here? I mean back in the day, he wouldn't even get a sniff at being on the Major League roster let alone starting. Let's face it Mr. Firestone, Flaherty and Schoop shouldn't be in the Major Leagues. Flaherty's glove keeps him here but that old adage about shaking a tree and fifty good gloves fall out in the minors is true. Hard to believe the O's can't find one that can hit at least .250. Maybe Billy is just frustrated.

Sad thing is, Flaherty is a better hitter than Schoop is.

I need some context for that stat. I mean, all teams are going to do worse in games they don't hit HRs than in games that they do. So we have 9 wins where we didn't hit a HR, and 47 where we did. Sounds extreme, but I'd be curious to know what the league average is.

Good point. Oakland has 17 out of their 64 wins without a home run. tigers with 13 wins out of 57 without a homer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well for starters, he's been a very good defender and he's hit some very big HR's on the road this year and clearly, management thinks he will hit better THIS year with more at bats,and he will. I think he's a player learning on the job. More than that, Ryan Flaherty hit his way out of the starting lineup.We don't have better alternatives.
As a Rookie, Thus Far:

Good defense.

Occasional power.

Horrible O.B.P.

He has the potential.

I like Schoop. A lot. But then, everybody here knows that.

I like Schoop a lot, also.

Not everybody here knows that.

Archived