vs. Mariners 7/27

weams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis is a veteran coming off a 50 HR season . Schoop is a rookie.Next question.

Give one reason, other than you like him in the future, why Schoop should be a starter on team that believes its a World Series contender? He's probably the worst hitter in the entire league with over 300 AB's. I'll have to look it up when I have time.

Headley wasn't hitting well in San Diego, so of course he clobbers the ball once he gets to the Yankees.
Its the Pinstripe Effect. Or that Sinatra song.

"That Pinstripe Effect" is a 2-sided coin, depending on how you look.

The Yankees have had a payroll in excess of $200 Million for more than a decade, and in the last 13 seasons, that have only 2 silvers and 1 gold to show for it (Silvers in 2001 and 2003, Gold in 2009.)

Last year, the Yankees went 85-77, and didn't make the postseason.

This year, they are a not-so-spectacular 54-50, and in danger of not making the postseason again.

In light of the fact that they have had the biggest payroll in all of baseball in forever, this is how I judge the Yankees.

WIN THE WORLD SERIES: Successful season

LOSE THE WORLD SERIES: A wash. Not a success, but not a failure, either.

ANYTHING LESS THAN WINNING THE PENNANT: Failure of a season.

We need a double play here. Or at least get out of the inning without damage.

I have more confidence in Miguel being able to pitch himself out of trouble than any other guy on our staff (though Gausman has shown that ability some too).

Nothing seems to bother him out there...he gives up some hits but doesn't lose his composure and gets the outs.

I have more confidence in Miguel being able to pitch himself out of trouble than any other guy on our staff (though Gausman has shown that ability some too).

Nothing seems to bother him out there...he gives up some hits but doesn't lose his composure and gets the outs.

Agreed! He is a collected individual!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tillman....

Well said, he's a keeper. Are you reading Steve's comments Duquette?

The Dodgers have the biggest payroll in baseball. They haven't won anything so far either.

Only since last year.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/nl-west/los-angeles-dodgers/

The Yankees have had the biggest payroll for more than a decade.

If the Dodgers continue to be cash cows in terms of payroll as have the Yankees been for an extensive period of time, then I will judge them as I do the Yankees.

Archived