Cord Phelps-Really?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to Roch' date=' he could be the one called up

[url']http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/08/machado-diagnosed-with-sprained-ligament-in-knee.html[/url]

What do you think about that? Do you agree?

Yes, because he is the best guy to backup Flaherty at 3B that they have in Norfolk.

Just because he is called up does not mean that he starts.

Yes, because he is the best guy to backup Flaherty at 3B.

Just because he is called up does not mean that he starts.

I still don't know why it is just assumed that Flaherty will get all the starts. I think Davis will play a lot of third base and Pearce will play first. I would much rather have that lineup than Flaherty in the lineup every day.

Not that I've seen the Tides play, but I'd surmise this has a lot to do with defense.

Errors: De Jesus 13, Weeks 11, Lombardozzi 8...Phelps 3

I think you are probably right.

Did Davis even field a ball last night after coming in? I don't think so, and that's probably good since the Yankees could only really score with help last night.

This team needs to keep the defense up if they are now down bats.

I still don't know why it is just assumed that Flaherty will get all the starts. I think Davis will play a lot of third base and Pearce will play first. I would much rather have that lineup than Flaherty in the lineup every day.

I do not think so.

Playing Pearce a lot a 1B is contingent on him getting out of his slump. Davis has been slumping but still knocking in runs. Pearce hasn't done much of anything while slumping. I like Pearce. Hope he starts hitting.

Yes, because he is the best guy to backup Flaherty at 3B that they have in Norfolk.

I guess that could be true, but prior to this year Cord had played 2 professional games at third base. Ever. This year he's gotten that total all the way up to 31. Buck Britton has played twice as many games at third for the Tides as Phelps, and they're hitting roughly the same.

No really good options here.

Archived