Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

Both our opinions are worth squat. :P Our pitching is and has come around. Starters good, bullpen amazing. To me that's everything. A little downgrade on D won't kill us. And IMO, overall, it's just a little downgrade. :noidea:

Hey, I agree we can make for the loss and/or narrow the gap with other guys picking up the slack , but if Davis for Machado at third is a "little downgrade" on defense, I'd be curious as to what your idea of a big downgrade is.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To trade multiple top prospects for Beltre would be the Bedard trade in reverse and is extremely short sighted. This is a good TEAM. Very resilient and can adapt to almost anything. And the lead is pretty substantial. Take a deep breath and think of logical options for this year, and the future.

What Satyr said. Damn him and his logic! :P

To trade multiple top prospects for Beltre would be the Bedard trade in reverse and is extremely short sighted. This is a good TEAM. Very resilient and can adapt to almost anything. And the lead is pretty substantial. Take a deep breath and think of logical options for this year, and the future.

Seattle didn't have a chance at the playoffs and Bedard wasn't going to put them over the top. The Orioles have an extremely high probability of making the playoffs and Beltre would help offset the loss of Machado. And he is around for at least one more year, if not two. Plus you could offer a qualifying offer since he isn't a rental piece.

the fact that Machado can't even get through 1 season at 3b without having knee surgery leaves me no hopes of him ever being able to play SS.

Mind you, neither of the injuries occurred in the field....But, I just don't know how anyone could watch Machado go in the hole and not think his knee is gonna blow out every time

I agree, something is structurally wrong with his knees. I'm not a Doc but guys his age don't usually have recurring major knee problems like this. If I'm DD I'm waiting for a hot streak to trade him.

He's one of my favorite players.....

...well maybe not as great as Ryan Flaherty.

Just hearing Flaherty's name in this context makes me want to extinguish a cigarette on my forearm. Which, in turn, makes me wish I hadn't quit smoking. Then again, those two things might be related.

Emotions running high.

the fact that Machado can't even get through 1 season at 3b without having knee surgery leaves me no hopes of him ever being able to play SS.

Mind you, neither of the injuries occurred in the field....But, I just don't know how anyone could watch Machado go in the hole and not think his knee is gonna blow out every time

It's disconcerting to say the least! :(

Seattle didn't have a chance at the playoffs and Bedard wasn't going to put them over the top. The Orioles have an extremely high probability of making the playoffs and Beltre would help offset the loss of Machado. And he is around for at least one more year, if not two. Plus you could offer a qualifying offer since he isn't a rental piece.

As I remember Seattle thought Bedard would get them over the hump. Didn't work out that way. Just like gutting the Minor League System won't work in this instance.

As I remember Seattle thought Bedard would get them over the hump. Didn't work out that way. Just like gutting the Minor League System won't work in this instance.

Seattle was the only team that thought Bedard would get Seattle over the hump. And the deal was also made in February. This is comparing apples and oranges. I am not for gutting the farm system, but there is a real opportunity at a World Series this year.

Archived