vs. RAYS, 8/25

OFFNY

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, there was a time not long ago that I would be saying, we are starved for runs, we need at least 8 or 9 more, in the 7th inning with a 9-1 lead.

Sometime in, oh, 2010 or so, against the Yankees, I'd have ZERO confidence that we could hold an eight run lead.

Tonight I'm just enjoying it. :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tillman has allowed 3 ER or fewer in 15 straight starts</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">August 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ACE!!!

Damn Yankees. Well at least TOR is losing.

The Yankees will be playing the Blue Jays shortly. I think that will be an information series for the Orioles (or more accurately, Orioles fans, since the players probably won't care), as to which team is the "real" second place team in the East. It may not be decisive, but if there's a sweep one way or another, it'll color our head to head games for the rest of the season.

I'm betting the Yankees will out-challenge the Blue Jays in those games and get the better of 'em, 2-1. Yanks are indeed looking to be the true threat, despite it flipping back and forth all season.

EDIT: The Yanks also go against the Blue Jays for four games starting on September 19. That'll be one heck of a contentious atmosphere if both teams remain in the race for the next 3 weeks.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tillman has allowed 3 ER or fewer in 15 straight starts</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

ACE!!!

I didn't realize that.

Shields sucks. Really. And, of course, the Royals who have been beating everyone just roll over for the Yankees. Hope the Tigers catch them if they get swept by the MFYs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its a 1 game rainout makeup so it will be a "sweep".

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tillman has allowed 3 ER or fewer in 15 straight starts</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

ACE!!!

He's a stopper for sure.

The Yankees will be playing the Blue Jays shortly. I think that will be an information series for the Orioles (or more accurately, Orioles fans, since the players probably won't care), as to which team is the "real" second place team in the East. It may not be decisive, but if there's a sweep one way or another, it'll color our head to head games for the rest of the season.

I'm betting the Yankees will out-challenge the Blue Jays in those games and get the better of 'em, 2-1. Yanks are indeed looking to be the true threat, despite it flipping back and forth all season.

I remember in June(?) when we wondered if the Jays would EVER lose again.

Archived