Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

In all fairness, he could have a valid excuse. There are prescribed medications that could trigger a positive test if the test is given at the right time. Think with what happened to Gamboa in the minors this year.

Now, that is a could and we have to see what happens, but it matters little right now.

I'm done giving players the benefit of the doubt. I'll continue to root for uniforms, but my days of respecting players and thinking I "know" anyone are long over!

Davis...you have let millions and millions of Orioles fans down, Sir!

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck's big concern with Davis suspension is how some people will "connect the dots." Not steroids. But he knows people will make that jump</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles are 72-55 this season when Chris Davis plays. They're a whopping 14-4 (.778) when he sits.</p>— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="

Is it me? Wouldn't a stimulant/amphetamine be the last thing one would want to do when they are already having major issues at the plate. I look at it as having a few cups of coffee, but I digress - never been into any of this stuff...

Just painting a scenario here:

What if he took them in the past but decided he didn't really need them, hence not getting the TUE this year. Then due to all his struggles this year he got desperate and was willing to try anything that he had used when he had success in the past.

Very dumb mistake.

Is it me? Wouldn't a stimulant/amphetamine be the last thing one would want to do when they are already having major issues at the plate. I look at it as having a few cups of coffee, but I digress - never been into any of this stuff...

Not really. Adderall gives you the focus x 100 of a few cups of coffee, but you aren't all strung out when taking it like you would be if you just chugged a bunch of coffee.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck's big concern with Davis suspension is how some people will "connect the dots." Not steroids. But he knows people will make that jump</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

I was thinking the same thing, everyone will be calling him a steroid user now.

Just painting a scenario here:

What if he took them in the past but decided he didn't really need them, hence not getting the TUE this year. Then due to all his struggles this year he got desperate and was willing to try anything that he had used when he had success in the past.

Very dumb mistake.

amphetamines help with focus, which is why grad students down them like candy during all nighters.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLB's drug agreement mandates followup testing for amphetamine offense. 25 games for 2nd offense. 80 games for a 3rd.</p>— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="

Oh, okay. So this was actually a second offense.

Agreed. I'm disappointed in this story, and disappointed in Davis for not doing something so simple if he could have. But, I find it hilarious that many are saying our season is over with Davis out when many of these same peoples have been calling him a liability all season at the plate, have cringed at the thought of him playing 3rd base in place of Manny, have called for him being released this offseason because of his lack of production, and who up until now couldn't have cared less about Davis. Now all of sudden those same people lament him as the nail in the coffin for this team because they need something to be worried about and depressed over. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Archived