Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a prescription for Ritalin, I have ADD, I'm 40, couldn't do my job without it.

May sound silly, but I take one before a league softball games on nights when I'm pitching, because it helps reaction time which is all I've got to defend myself from a come-backer to the face.

Focus and reaction time are crucial to hitting in MLB. If he's got ADD and he's not allowed to used prescription meds, he's gonna struggle.

Once you get popped once you HAVE to stop using.

Yes, but that calculus is different for someone who either legitimately can not function professionally without it, OR someone who genuinely believes that they can not function without it.

That is what altering your chemistry does to you.

I see no issue with using adderall recreationally.

Lots of people do things that are not recommended by physicians. I was

speaking to what physicians recommend. Plus it is a controlled substance

and illegal without a prescription (just as one possible adverse consequence.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got a prescription for Ritalin, I have ADD, I'm 40, couldn't do my job without it.

May sound silly, but I take one before a league softball games on nights when I'm pitching, because it helps reaction time which is all I've got to defend myself from a come-backer to the face.

Focus and reaction time are crucial to hitting in MLB. If he's got ADD and he's not allowed to used prescription meds, he's gonna struggle.

Of if he doesn't have ADD and he is used to the edge he gets from using prescription meds and they take them away from him, he's gonna struggle.

https://twitter.com/danconnollysun/status/510462563097010176

It's my understanding that Davis did not apply for a therapeutic use exemption this year after having one last year. Dont know why

My guess is that Chris Davis, king of anti-steroid morality, felt guilty about using Adderall in the past and decided to go without this season. Then when he struggled he changed his mind.

Yes, but that calculus is different for someone who either legitimately can not function professionally without it, OR someone who genuinely believes that they can not function without it.

That is what altering your chemistry does to you.

Sorry, I can't relate.

I don't see how you reach for that bottle after you already tested positive and are being subjected to increased testing.

"I apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Orioles organization and especially the fans,'' he said. "I made a mistake by taking Adderall. I had permission to use it in the past, but do not have a therapeutic use exemption this year. I accept my punishment and will begin serving my suspension immediately."

Having read that from Davis this is my read:

Had been taking it, stopped taking it when he didn't get the exemption. Had the worst year in forever, got scared/ desperate, started taking again.

Stupid move there, Chet. He gambled and lost.

At least he is taking it and just getting on with it.

Having read that from Davis this is my read:

Had been taking it, stopped taking it when he didn't get the exemption. Had the worst year in forever, got scared/ desperate, started taking again.

Stupid move there, Chet. He gambled and lost.

At least he is taking it and just getting on with it.

If he had wanted to quit the smart thing would have been to get the exemption so he would be covered if he backslid.

Archived