Kevin Millar - Worst 1st Baseman in Baseball???

MPK76

This came up in the last podcast Anthony (MdGuy) and I did. We are both in agreement that Millar has value on the right team. He is good with the press, he is good in the clubhouse and he plays the game the right way.

Say what you will about him, he plays with a Surhoff-like fire and preparation. He wants to be out there and he gives you 100% each time. You will never accuse Kevin Millar of half-assing it up the first base line.

That being said, there is no room for him on this team. He needs to move on as we need to get younger. I think Huff has a better shot at haveing a more consistent and better year than Millar has. Huff also played a pretty decent first base - so if I have to pick a mal-content I pick Huff.

And lets face it here guys. If Millar comes out and hits 2 HRs on opening day this will all be quickly forgotten.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This came up in the last podcast Anthony (MdGuy) and I did. We are both in agreement that Millar has value on the right team. He is good with the press, he is good in the clubhouse and he plays the game the right way.

Say what you will about him, he plays with a Surhoff-like fire and preparation. He wants to be out there and he gives you 100% each time. You will never accuse Kevin Millar of half-assing it up the first base line.

That being said, there is no room for him on this team. He needs to move on as we need to get younger. I think Huff has a better shot at haveing a more consistent and better year than Millar has. Huff also played a pretty decent first base - so if I have to pick a mal-content I pick Huff.

And lets face it here guys. If Millar comes out and hits 2 HRs on opening day this will all be quickly forgotten.

One thing is for sure, one of Millar or Huff need to be gone.

Archived