Examiner: No deal today

JTrea81

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll continue to give the benefit of the doubt to the professional baseball men putting this deal together, but there better be a really good reason it's taking us an hour-and-a-half to watch 60 Minutes, so to speak.

Too bad we'll probably never learn all the twists, turns & intrigue.

Maybe no deal before Wednesday:

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/archives/131010.asp?from=blog_last3

Bedard, still at home outside Ottawa and still unsure of where he's going to be pitching this year, told an associate that as of 1:30 p.m. (PDT) Monday, he hasn't been told anything official about a trade.

He certainly hasn't undergone a physical exam, which would be mandatory from the Mariners' point of view for a trade to go down. He finished the 2007 on the 60-day disabled list after suffering a late-August right oblique injury.

So it seems likely that it's unlikely the Mariners and Orioles can finalize a deal before Wednesday.

What really makes no sense is that during this whole time the deal itself in discussion hasn't changed much at all. So either one side can't decide what they want, or there is a true injury question mark, or there is a big discussion about who will be included still going on that we know pretty much nothing about (since the rumors we have seen haven't changed much).

another club source indicated Monday that the team is planning for the upcoming season with the assumption the trade would be completed.

That is actually really encouraging. If Andy MacPhail is not denying that a trade is getting closer and him saying he would notify the media when something happens, that only leads me to believe that he is confident that trade is going to happen. Why else would they prepare for the season as if the trade is going to happen? I know we all are anxious for something to happen, and tired of all this speculation, but we can wait a couple more days. All the signs are leading to a deal being done very shortly.

This is ridiculous. Who in their right mind would want to trade with us... It's been like 2 weeks since Jones opened his mouth' date=' right?[/quote']

Amen, I'm all for the Bedard trade to Seattle, but I sure hope we never have to trade with you guys again...this has been brutal!!!

Is it the M's policy not to announce trades until a physical is completed? Perhaps the O's wanted to get their physicals out of the way and the trade will be announced tomorrow pending EB's physical.

This makes sense if they do have concerns with Jones. If he fails, EB doesn't make a needless trip out to Seattle.

Archived