Examiner: No deal today

JTrea81

:D

And I'M going to go on record that you will feel good about this trade 15 seconds after it's announced by the front office.

Phew, I would love to sell you a car/house/vacation package my friend.

Oh I'll love the trade I'm sure, just not the way the trade was made...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it will go off, but at this point the Orioles should just not even have a press conference and just publish a press release and leave it at that. They've embarassed themselves on how they've handled this. Just get it over with and move on...

I don't know that the Twins had a press conference when the Santana trade went down. Because the big fish of the trade is EB, I'd be willing to bet that the M's will have a big press conference and the O's will introduce AJ to the media in the days following.

I do believe that the rabid O's fanbase makes the situation worse by hanging on every iota of "new" information.

I do not believe, no matter how often people insist it is so, that other clubs go though the same complications, drama, miscommunication and general anguish attempting to get a deal done.

Even any attempt at a "timely Orioles transaction" joke just sort of rings hollow now. Eventually it'll be over. (What an amazing reaction to be seeing from the die-hard fans, still following a club after 10 losing seasons... whatever the cause, there's many of us now numb to perhaps the biggest potential move the club has made in years!)

I do not believe, no matter how often people insist it is so, that other clubs go though the same complications, drama, miscommunication and general anguish attempting to get a deal done.

Show me an example of a trade that had the PR more botched than this one...

Phew, I would love to sell you a car/house/vacation package my friend.

I bet you'd give him a great price. I bet it would be an incredible savings off the "regular price". I bet you'd give him something that was a zillion-dollar "value" for only a fraction of a zillion dollars. But only if he acted quick. Because, if he didn't act quick, then it would be a missed opportunity, one that he would regret. I bet your offer to him would depend on him being decisive, and signing on the dotted line right now, before it's too late.

But I could be wrong. That's just my guess.

Anybody besides me having their doubts it will come off at all?

Two things worry me:

1. We're giving Bavasi and the Mariners too much time to think about this. What if they suddenly decide they have just as good a chance of winning with Jones and they do Bedard?

2. Angelos has a brain fart and changes his mind.

Again, I don't care how the trade goes down.

If it doesn't go down because of something we did during this stretch of time, THEN I will be highly annoyed.

Otherwise... if Adam Jones, Chris Tillman, Sherrill, Butler and Mickolio come back for Erik Bedard, I will say, "Good job at a successful offseason, Andy MacPhail. You got 3 very good prospects, 2 major league contributors, and 5 good/decent prospects back for 2 players."

From Jason Churchill on prospectinsider.com

For the first time since trade talks began, I'm actually 100 percent convinced that this trade is going to happen. And while I don't expect a press conference until Tuesday or Wednesday, I do believe a trade will be announced sometime between now and this time tomorrow.

I have not heard anything more on the possibility of a five or six-for-two deal, and expect the trade to go down as I originally reported.

Adam Jones, Chris Tillman, George Sherrill, Tony Butler and Kameron Mickolio for Erik Bedard. Bad trade, but the '08 Mariners are among the top eight teams in baseball, behind both New York teams, Boston, Cleveland, Detroit and the Angels.

Let's move on.

Show me an example of a trade that had the PR more botched than this one...

How exactly is this the Orioles' fault? Jones talked, then everything went crazy. If that hadn't happened, we would have heard basically nothing until both teams were ready to tell us. Instead we get rumors and speculation from every beat writer in Seattle, and suddenly there are a dozen reasons why it hasn't been finished yet, very few having any basis in reality.

I bet you'd give him a great price. I bet it would be an incredible savings off the "regular price". I bet you'd give him something that was a zillion-dollar "value" for only a fraction of a zillion dollars. But only if he acted quick. Because, if he didn't act quick, then it would be a missed opportunity, one that he would regret. I bet your offer to him would depend on him being decisive, and signing on the dotted line right now, before it's too late.

But I could be wrong. That's just my guess.

I bet you wouldn't swear me to secrey on what you offered me. If I told my wife and she happened to tell a few of her friends what a great deal you were giving me and it got back to you, you wouldn't get mad and then yank the offer, consider keeping said item or offering it to somebody else but then reconsider and make the offer to me again. Also when somebody asked you wouldn't tell them you never offered it to me, or better yet say that you are offering it to somebody else, right? If you would, then you would have handled the situation like MacPhail has handled this one. Of course to make the screwed up deal complete I would have to deny knowledge of the offer to my wife's friends if they asked. And I'm sure she wouldn't like that... :P

Now you see how messed up this is...

I bet you wouldn't swear me to secrey on what you offered me. If I told my wife and she happened to tell a few of her friends what a great deal you were giving me and it got back to you, you wouldn't get mad and then yank the offer, consider keeping said item or offering it to somebody else but then reconsider and make the offer to me again. Also when somebody asked you wouldn't tell them you never offered it to me, or better yet say that you are offering it to somebody else, right? If you would, then you would have handled the situation like MacPhail has handled this one. Of course to make the screwed up deal complete I would have to deny knowledge of the offer to my wife's friends if they asked. And I'm sure she wouldn't like that... :P

Now you see how messed up this is...

Don't worry, JTrea. I wouldn't fleece you. I think you're a good dude, I'd give you a fair deal. You would walk away happy... and you'd have plenty of time to second guess yourself, too. :D

Archived