Examiner: No deal today

JTrea81

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is such a joke. And anyone that thinks this doesn't damage our reputation is certifiably insane. We better be getting a better deal than the one we keep hearing for putting up with all this nonsense...

1. So long as the deal is on track to happen, I doubt Seattle cares how long it takes, so long as it happens before pitchers and catchers report. After all, they don't have any further moves they need to make once this is done. Any delay hurts the Orioles, not the Mariners.

2. We aren't going to get a deal better than the 5-for-1 we have been hearing about. That's as good as this is going to get and I hope those reports are accurate.

3. I can't understand why Bedard hasn't been told to go to Seattle for a physical if Jones already has taken his physical for the Orioles. I cannot think of any logical reason why one would precede the other. But then, when did logic ever enter into this?

It would be one thing if we knew there were multiple offers still on the table. But from all indications there is only one contender for EB. If there were still 3 or 4 teams in the running I would still be patient this weight. We do have to remember EB is probably a top 5 pitcher and trading him is a big ass deal so we need to make sure everything is done right.

I'm actually starting to laugh now, and it's not because I'm going crazy. I'm just amazed at how both sides have completely butchered the PR on this trade...

Everybody involved in this trade that has said something or published something in the newspaper from the FOs to the players and the reporters. They all look like complete idiots...

I'm going to go on record that this is the biggest trade fiasco in the history of MLB, and that's even including the A-Rod to Red Sox talks a few years back...

Blahblahblah. Who cares?

There's new articles that come out every day. Most of them telling us different things. It's pretty apparent that there isn't many sources you can really trust right now.

I hate to criticize anyone on here, and that's not the purpose of this post....but good Lord...this board always buys into every article posted. Either it's something negative and it's the end of the world...or it's something positive for the O's(yes I said positive and O's in the same sentence) and we are acting like the trade is going down in an hour.

Time is getting precious - I realize this. But until I hear something from someone legit that it's done for sure, I'm not getting my hopes up or letting articles swing my perception one way or the other.

1. So long as the deal is on track to happen, I doubt Seattle cares how long it takes, so long as it happens before pitchers and catchers report. After all, they don't have any further moves they need to make once this is done. Any delay hurts the Orioles, not the Mariners.

2. We aren't going to get a deal better than the 5-for-1 we have been hearing about. That's as good as this is going to get and I hope those reports are accurate.

3. I can't understand why Bedard hasn't been told to go to Seattle for a physical if Jones already has taken his physical for the Orioles. I cannot think of any logical reason why one would precede the other. But then, when did logic ever enter into this?

I agree with your point 1. I see why you misunderstood my meaning based on the second part of my statement. What I really meant is the Orioles better be doing this to us for a reason, because this has been pure agony. I don't blame the Mariners for any of this.

I agree on point 2 as well, but struggling to see why else this would be taking so long. But I think the chances of us doing better than that 5-1 are miniscule at best.

Anybody besides me having their doubts it will come off at all?

No it will go off, but at this point the Orioles should just not even have a press conference and just publish a press release and leave it at that. They've embarassed themselves on how they've handled this. Just get it over with and move on...

I'm actually starting to laugh now, and it's not because I'm going crazy. I'm just amazed at how both sides have completely butchered the PR on this trade...

Everybody involved in this trade that has said something or published something in the newspaper from the FOs to the players and the reporters. They all look like complete idiots...

I'm going to go on record that this is the biggest trade fiasco in the history of MLB, and that's even including the A-Rod to Red Sox talks a few years back...

:D

And I'M going to go on record that you will feel good about this trade 15 seconds after it's announced by the front office.

Phew, I would love to sell you a car/house/vacation package my friend.

Archived