Examiner: No deal today

JTrea81

Make-believe message-board GM's. They don't need to be involved. They just decide which players they want, and they pretend that real GM's go long with them about it. It's much easier that way. Plus, it doesn't take nearly as long. They just get who they want from one team, then they "flip" some of them to get whoever they want from another team, and then they do it again. Next thing you know, we're competing in 2009.

Shirley, you can see the obvious benefits of building a team this way. All you have to do is think it up. Then, in comparison, everybody else is stupid, or sheep, or pathetic, or whatever. What's not to like about it?

I can see building a team that way (not really) and don't call me Shirley. :D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone genuinely surprised we haven't traded Millar, Huff, Payton or Mora? We'd love to get rid of them and we're one of the worst teams in MLB so by definition doesn't that hint to you that maybe nobody else would be all that interested in taking them off our hands, let alone sending us something worthwhile in return?

It seems to me that the logical conclusion to draw from them not being traded is that we couldn't give them away, not that we turned down offers because we weren't sure if the prospects offered in return would have a space in our rebuilding plans once we had traded the bigger chips.

Even moreso when you consider that we already have equally capable replacements for all of those guys on our roster. I'd much prefer going with the potential upside of Moore at 3b all year ahead of the declining and aging Mora. So it's not like we'd have to hold off on trading any of these guys because it would leave us short either......it just makes no sense to say that we've waited on these guys until Bedard/Tejada etc were traded first.

Archived