Tickets, Tickets, Tickets...who knows what's going on?

Todd-O

Wait, what? So now current 13 game planners won't get an opportunity for Opening Day? What kind of BS are they trying to pull here????

If I am reading his post correctly, 13 and 20 game holders will get a chance to purchase opening day tickets like always. 29 game holders get guaranteed opening day tickets for 2015 (as they did this year). Doesn't sound like anything is changing in that regard.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I am reading his post correctly, 13 and 20 game holders will get a chance to purchase opening day tickets like always. 29 game holders get guaranteed opening day tickets for 2015 (as they did this year). Doesn't sound like anything is changing in that regard.

Oh....okay. Thanks for the clarification!

(Dippy gets down off the edge of the bridge)

You said it yourself, "seats to games no one wants in the regular season."

What should the Orioles do? Just eat that money? Or sell to a broker and get something? Besides, as ST sales increase, you should see less and less of that. We shall see.

What I'm saying is that part of the reason STH had a problem getting seats yesterday is that supply was already limited by the ticket office scratching the back of brokers that have helped them out in the past...Not exactly getting seats into the hands of the STH that have been around for years

What I'm saying is that part of the reason STH had a problem getting seats yesterday is that supply was already limited by the ticket office scratching the back of brokers that have helped them out in the past...Not exactly getting seats into the hands of the STH that have been around for years

That's the business side of things that we need to accept, though.

It's no different than season ticket holders who are buying extra seats and selling them on StubHub...in essence those people are also taking seats away from other Season Ticket Holders.

I have some pretty lousy seats for game 6 (I didn't even know that section existed) but I'm in the Yard and that's all I really cared about. I can see why some people are angry, but if you're going to be mad at the Orioles for selling to StubHub, then you also gotta be mad at your fellow STH, some of whom are our friends on the Hangout.

Those of who had SO room only tickets? How would you describe the experience? I've never done that before. Thinking about getting some of those if I can't get a good deal elsewhere.

I do it all the time during the season typically on weeknights. You can get right up to the railing above the RF scoreboard. I wouldn't suggest it for a playoff game though. Unless you get in there super early and get a spot up along the rail and don't move for the entire game, you are likely to be behind multiple rows of people weaving around trying to get a view of the game. It would be fine if you want to go just for the experience but if you actually want to watch the game I wouldn't recommend it.

I do it all the time during the season typically on weeknights. You can get right up to the railing above the RF scoreboard. I wouldn't suggest it for a playoff game though. Unless you get in there super early and get a spot up along the rail and don't move for the entire game, you are likely to be behind multiple rows of people weaving around trying to get a view of the game. It would be fine if you want to go just for the experience but if you actually want to watch the game I wouldn't recommend it.

Agh I think I'll just look for a bleacher seat. Thanks though.

I was down on the flag court for Game 1 when Victor Martinez and JD Martinez went back to back. I was inches from Victor's homer and I was on the TBS telecast for JD's homer when the fan threw the ball back. I was really surprised how much space was out there. Usually the flag court is full of people that are just drinking and not paying attention. Not the case today. There was a crowd about 4 people deep up at the fence and others casually mingling around. It was not bad at all. If you are tall, you can still see the field if it is only 4 people deep.

Those of who had SO room only tickets? How would you describe the experience? I've never done that before. Thinking about getting some of those if I can't get a good deal elsewhere.

They suck. They sell too many of them and there are people who stand in the area who have actual seats for some unknown reason. I have gotten them for opening day and by the third inning I find seats in the upper deck corners that people who decided to never leave pickles decided to leave vacant. I don't know if you will able to find those for the playoffs though.

Good summary of yesterday's frustration by the Sun.

"There were no glitches; there were no issues other than extremely high demand," Bader said. "High demand for a limited product is unfortunately going to be a frustrating experience for some."

Bader is either ignorant of his customers' experience, or is lying. I checked regularly yesterday from 11 a.m. until midnite in an attempt to buy Game 6 and Game 7 tickets. Each time, I received the "high demand, try again" error message. During these 13 hours, I noticed that the availability for Game 6 and 7 tickets only trickled down. At 11 a.m., LF upper box, LF upper reserve, Upper Reserve LF and RF corners, SRO were available for both Games 6 and 7. At midnite, Game 6 was sold out, but Game 7 had all of those available. So the Orioles sold ~ 10,000 tickets in 13 hours!!!!

I feel your pain. This was like beating your head against the wall. After a few hours it was clear high volume wasn't the issue. Not sure if it was a Windows / Internet Explorer glitch, or if other browsers worked on Windows. I switched to the iphone after developing carpal tunnel from clicking and got tickets right away. There was definitely a glitch.

I feel your pain. This was like beating your head against the wall. After a few hours it was clear high volume wasn't the issue. Not sure if it was a Windows / Internet Explorer glitch, or if other browsers worked on Windows. I switched to the iphone after developing carpal tunnel from clicking and got tickets right away. There was definitely a glitch.

I had two browsers open in the waiting room. First Firefox, then Internet Explorer starting a few minutes later. I got through the waiting room in 4 minutes in Internet Explorer and was done with everything within another 15. The Firefox window was still in the Waiting Room at that point. Very weird.

Oh....okay. Thanks for the clarification!

(Dippy gets down off the edge of the bridge)

13 gamers still get an opportunity for Opening Day. I was just mentioning people buying the 20 and 29 game plans. The 20 game plan has only been out for a few days. I guess when 13 game new plans were sold out they came up with one less expensive then the 29 game plan.

[video=youtube;_i1vMK4XaPk]

13 gamers still get an opportunity for Opening Day. I was just mentioning people buying the 20 and 29 game plans. The 20 game plan has only been out for a few days. I guess when 13 game new plans were sold out they came up with one less expensive then the 29 game plan.

To be fair the 13-game plans were only sold out because they decided that they didn't want to sell anymore and they wanted to require people to buy more tickets to get post season access. It's not like the couldn't have sold more 13-game plans if they wanted to.

I had two browsers open in the waiting room. First Firefox, then Internet Explorer starting a few minutes later. I got through the waiting room in 4 minutes in Internet Explorer and was done with everything within another 15. The Firefox window was still in the Waiting Room at that point. Very weird.

Yeah, the problem I am talking about started at 10:30 or so because I was late to the presale and that's when I first logged in. My co-workers had already purchased tickets by that time after sitting in the waiting room. I got the message after I had gotten in, when trying to add tickets for a given section. I tried on their computers which they had used successfully, and no luck. Tried at 1, 2 and 3 o'clock still no luck.

Archived