Tickets, Tickets, Tickets...who knows what's going on?

Todd-O

To be fair the 13-game plans were only sold out because they decided that they didn't want to sell anymore and they wanted to require people to buy more tickets to get post season access. It's not like the couldn't have sold more 13-game plans if they wanted to.

Agreed. They set an arbitrary limit and when they reached it and people still wanted tickets for the playoffs they set up a 20 game which will help boost revenue. That way we can sign Cruz,Hardy and Markakis and other free agents.:)

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. They set an arbitrary limit and when they reached it and people still wanted tickets for the playoffs they set up a 20 game which will help boost revenue. That way we can sign Cruz,Hardy and Markakis and other free agents.:)

Let's hope that is a by-product of all this. The Orioles also have not yet set ticket prices for next year. They have a slew of newly committed season ticket plans and partial plans, who have their non-refundable deposits down. I could see the Orioles increasing ticket prices for sure next year.

Those of who had SO room only tickets? How would you describe the experience? I've never done that before. Thinking about getting some of those if I can't get a good deal elsewhere.

I did SRO tickets with my girlfriend for Game 2 of the ALDS and it was awful.

She's pretty short and we couldn't see anything. I was incredibly annoyed to be at the game, but not be able to watch it! Folks got rail spots and never let go and it was always about 4/5 people deep everywhere. Flag court and by the bullpens. I think we did about 20 laps around the stadium just so we could see the game. There are NO empty seats to steal either. Unless your 6ft+ or with a big group that can hold some real estate, I don't recommend. I'll never do it again.

Am I wrong though in thinking that the 20 and 40 game plans will all be tied together? There isn't an overlap with 29 game plans and all the other 13 game plans is there? That is why I was wondering if any section is a available with these new plans or just certain set aside sections?

I did SRO tickets with my girlfriend for Game 2 of the ALDS and it was awful.

She's pretty short and we couldn't see anything. I was incredibly annoyed to be at the game, but not be able to watch it! Folks got rail spots and never let go and it was always about 4/5 people deep everywhere. Flag court and by the bullpens. I think we did about 20 laps around the stadium just so we could see the game. There are NO empty seats to steal either. Unless your 6ft+ or with a big group that can hold some real estate, I don't recommend. I'll never do it again.

I did SRO for game 1. Had a great time. Got to the field around when the gates opened and went in early and got a spot behind the bullpen area. Had a great view of the whole field and great atmosphere. If your going to buy SRO, don't expect to get there around the start of the game and have a great view. You need to get there early to reserve a spot pretty much.

I did SRO for game 1. Had a great time. Got to the field around when the gates opened and went in early and got a spot behind the bullpen area. Had a great view of the whole field and great atmosphere. If your going to buy SRO, don't expect to get there around the start of the game and have a great view. You need to get there early to reserve a spot pretty much.

Definitely have to get there early. Did you not have the need for food or restroom visits during the game? Folks in the flag court were getting pushy when people would "excuse me" up through to the rails. Friday was incredibly packed, not sure about Thursday. Personally I don't enjoy fighting to see and not being free to go grab a beer or take a leak. I stand by my, it might work if you're over 6ft or with a group disclaimer though.

Archived