Orioles Discussing Four-Year Deal With Nick Markakis (Signs w/ATL)

Greg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like the Markakis Haters are going to be responsible for the first 100-page thread of the off season.

You'd think we were talking about Mark Teixiera, or Prince Fielder...

...or Brian Roberts.

But we haven't had that WOW offer yet! ;)

I just think people will miss the consistency Markakis brings to RF. Especially wjhen they aare plugging 3 or 4 guys out there. Like I said im biased. His charity hits close to home for me.

No one has ever said he wasn't a nice guy or that he didn't bring value to the community.

This is about on the field performance.

100 pages

It's kind of unbelievable that a player who has been so low key and uncontroversial in his career is generating such controversy now. I'll be very happy when this is over, one way or the other. (But happier if Nick is back, and at a reasonable cost.)

But we haven't had that WOW offer yet! ;)

If it's Nick Markakis we're talking about, I would say 4/48 comes close. I'd be happy to see Nick back, but not at that number (or more). 3/33 with a vesting option would be the most I would be OK with and I wouldn't argue with anyone who said even that was too much.

100 pages

It's kind of unbelievable that a player who has been so low key and uncontroversial in his career is generating such controversy now. I'll be very happy when this is over, one way or the other. (But happier if Nick is back, and at a reasonable cost.)

Part of it is by default since there isn't much else to talk about. Heck my thread about Tomas is doing OK and absolutely no one thinks the O's will sign him.

I don't think Nick will be as easy to replace as some might think. If a 4 year deal is signed, I'll assume the 4th year is an option. I also wouldn't want the club to spend more then 8-10 a year and 10 is pushing it. I trust the FO to do what they think is best.

If Nick isn't with the Orioles, then it just didn't work out.

To me, the problem with Nick is this: if the offense and lineup is to improve, it really has to come from either LF or RF. The other positions are basically set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

Unless they decide to trade some prospects, there either going to have to resign Nick, or bank on a platoon working out.

I'm sure that somewhere in this 100 post thread, someone has already answered my question. But right now, I've been getting brain cramp. :eek::mwahaha:

The question for all those who don't want Nick to return: Who would anyone suggest to replace Nick>?:confused:

I don't think that RFs grow on trees. I say, let's keep Nick, he may not be perfect, but he is who we got right now. :D

I'm sure that somewhere in this 100 post thread, someone has already answered my question. But right now, I've been getting brain cramp. :eek::mwahaha:

The question for all those who don't want Nick to return: Who would anyone suggest to replace Nick>?:confused:

I don't think that RFs grow on trees. I say, let's keep Nick, he may not be perfect, but he is who we got right now. :D

Pearce, De Aza and Lough are all on the roster.

To me' date=' the problem with Nick is this: if the offense and lineup is to improve, it really has to come from either LF or RF. The other positions are basically set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

You could easily improve second base, first base, and catcher over what we had last season. So yeah if you add in left field that is 4 other positions out of 9.

You could easily improve second base, first base, and catcher over what we had last season. So yeah if you add in left field that is 4 other positions out of 9.

It is a lot easier to find corner outfielders then the positions you mentioned.

We have been over this with Schoop, despite his offensive woes he was still a middle of the pack second baseman and those ahead of him would not be easy or inexpensive to acquire.

Archived