Gausman MUST be in the starting rotation

steva84

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they finished manipulating his service time last season so they have nothing more to gain by not keeping him in the majors.

And his inning count would be conducive with an entire season of starts. Kevin is in the rotation baring injury. And NOT as a member of a six man rotation. So is Chris Tillman and Ubaldo and Bud Norris if we keep him and Wei Chen for his final season as our only lefty.

And his inning count would be conducive with an entire season of starts. Kevin is in the rotation baring injury. And NOT as a member of a six man rotation. So is Chris Tillman and Ubaldo and Bud Norris if we keep him and Wei Chen for his final season as our only lefty.

So you see Gonzalez as the odd man out?

Both Norris and Gonzo had options last year. I'm guessing not anymore. We'll have less flexibility this year with the same rotation and not optioning Gausman. Some of that will depend on our BP and roster construction. If Gausman pitches great, optioning him "may" not be an issue. If he's mediocre, optioning will be in play again. DD uses options/roster manipulation as a way to gain leverage. Guasman will be optioned if DD thinks it will help us win more ball games.

Both Norris and Gonzo had options last year. I'm guessing not anymore. We'll have less flexibility this year with the same rotation and not optioning Gausman. Some of that will depend on our BP and roster construction. If Gausman pitches great, optioning him "may" not be an issue. If he's mediocre, optioning will be in play again. DD uses options/roster manipulation as a way to gain leverage. Guasman will be optioned if DD thinks it will help us win more ball games.

Norris and Gonzo were both optioned for rather marginal gains. Odds are good that the end result of the reason would have remained consistent if they were not optioned.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they do something to plug up that loophole before next season starts.

Norris and Gonzo were both optioned for rather marginal gains. Odds are good that the end result of the reason would have remained consistent if they were not optioned.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they do something to plug up that loophole before next season starts.

Yeah, tell that to Duquette. I don't see him curtailing his approach. Even if he thinks its squeezing a bit of value they will continue to do it, and they haven't spent all time and energy into it because they think it's not important.

Gonzalez is a better starting pitcher than Norris - but yet for some reason, I do at least see him as being the odd man out in the starting rotation, and Bud getting the go ahead.

Bud can throw the gas when need be. His upside can be greater than Gonzo.

Archived