2014 Playoff Team vs Team Now

Bahama O's Fan

Our 2014 playoff team won a playoff series. Something we haven't done in...anyway, it's been a while. What has changed? Starting pitching remains intact with Miller being the only one departing the pen. Weiters will be back behind the plate instead of Hundley/Joseph. Davis is back to first replacing Pearce. Machado comes back to 3B replacing Flaherty. Markakis is gone from RF, leaving us with a Pearce/Lough platoon in all likelihood. DH is the big hole, but perhaps we see more of Weiters there to start the season. Would someone like to compare the WAR of the lineup with Cruz/Markakis and without Davis/Machado/Weiters to a lineup without Cruz/Markakis, but with Davis/Machado/Weiters.?

We had zero starting pitching injuries last season you can't expect that to happen again. There is no guarantee Wieters will be healthy next season and Davis could be back to hitting .190 next season.

Agree, it might be smart to hang on to all 6 starters. I mean, I wouldn't have a problem with trading one, but that's only if you feel confident that a guy like Bundy could be ready early next year.

I'm also not counting on Wieters and Machado to be fully healthy. And Davis, I feel like getting a 2012 or 2013-like performance out of him is pretty unlikely at this point. But they always do a great job of adding depth, and I think that factor could once again be the key to having a successful 2015. You never know who is going to step up and be the next Cruz/Pearce.

Our 2014 playoff team won a playoff series. Something we haven't done in...anyway' date=' it's been a while. What has changed? Starting pitching remains intact with Miller being the only one departing the pen. Weiters will be back behind the plate instead of Hundley/Joseph. Davis is back to first replacing Pearce. Machado comes back to 3B replacing Flaherty. Markakis is gone from RF, leaving us with a Pearce/Lough platoon in all likelihood. DH is the big hole, but perhaps we see more of Weiters there to start the season. Would someone like to compare the WAR of the lineup with Cruz/Markakis and without Davis/Machado/Weiters to a lineup without Cruz/Markakis, but with Davis/Machado/Weiters.?[/quote']

What has changed is the leading HR hitter in MLB is gone, the best lefty relief pitcher in MLB is gone, and old reliable, both on and off the field is gone. The audacity of the Orioles daring to lose to KC with only 2/3 of their regulars available by an ave. of 1.5 runs per game. For a sorry performance like that, the team deserves to be broken up. Don't you think?

Our 2014 playoff team won a playoff series. Something we haven't done in...anyway' date=' it's been a while. What has changed? Starting pitching remains intact with Miller being the only one departing the pen. Weiters will be back behind the plate instead of Hundley/Joseph. Davis is back to first replacing Pearce. Machado comes back to 3B replacing Flaherty. Markakis is gone from RF, leaving us with a Pearce/Lough platoon in all likelihood. DH is the big hole, but perhaps we see more of Weiters there to start the season. Would someone like to compare the WAR of the lineup with Cruz/Markakis and without Davis/Machado/Weiters to a lineup without Cruz/Markakis, but with Davis/Machado/Weiters.?[/quote']

Sorry to nitpick but it's Wieters. How many years has this guy played for the O's and people still can't spell his name correctly?

Archived