Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Angelos is pushing for a big payload - it would be great to see Beeston gone; he protects his pool boy AA who wouldn't get a job as a GM with any other major league team because he lacks credibility. Duquette would be a great catch - instant credibility of the highest order.

I am not sure if this dude likes the Orioles or the Jays.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DD hasn't been denied a promotion, he's been denied the opportunity to interview elsewhere for a position that on the surface looks like might be a promotion. So far. The Blue Jays are not obligated to hire him once they're permitted to talk to him, if they ever are.

You really think we would have gotten this far where we're discussing top prospect compensation if they haven't decided he's their guy?

You really think we would have gotten this far where we're discussing top prospect compensation if they haven't decided he's their guy?

Duquette is clearly the Blue Jay's first choice at this stage. However they are under no obligation to hire him and he's under no obligation to accept an offer if one is made. The compensation discussion has to do with the price the Blue Jays have to pay for PA to agree to break a contract. If there is no need to break the contract, no compensation has to be paid. The price they have to pay is a critical component in determining whether Duquette is in fact "their guy".

Duquette is clearly the Blue Jay's first choice at this stage. However they are under no obligation to hire him and he's under no obligation to accept an offer if one is made. The compensation discussion has to do with the price the Blue Jays have to pay for PA to agree to break a contract. If there is no need to break the contract, no compensation has to be paid. The price they have to pay is a critical component in determining whether Duquette is in fact "their guy".

But isn't the reason the Orioles are considering suing them for tampering is because they believe that the Jays have already talked to Duquette and thats why the Jays are so invested in getting him?

But isn't the reason the Orioles are considering suing them for tampering is because they believe that the Jays have already talked to Duquette and thats why the Jays are so invested in getting him?

It could be an option that's being seriously considered, or just a negotiating tactic, I really don't know. If PA was considering a lawsuit, I wouldn't blame him. This Rogers clown has done a spectacular job of dumping on the Orioles off season.

FWIW I also suspect that the Blue Jays and Duquette have had deeper private discussions than have been reported so far.

Archived