Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

I kind of see Angelos comments more then anything as a first salvo to try and dissuade the Blue Jays from pursuing him (making it messy to do so). I just wonder what effect it will have if he ultimately leaves and the O's have to replace him anyways. Angelos already has a reputation as someone who is difficult to work with and a meddler, if he also known as a guy who prevents his employees from seeking promotions as well -- well who does that leave you with?

It leaves you with getting a guy who has been out of baseball for 10 years to run his club. I would think anyone who signs a multi year contract should expect to work,the entire contract or don't sign it. As for future GMs, DD has 4 more years on his contract. In 4 years Peter might have decided to retire.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reporter A: A TOR FO source said they were looking for guys like DD, Ryan and Williams, to replace Beeston. Reporter B when asking D if he's be interested received this reply: If they got permission to talk with me, I would certainly listen. From this Rosenthal could be running with his muck racking BS

It leaves you with getting a guy who has been out of baseball for 10 years to run his club. I would think anyone who signs a multi year contract should expect to work,the entire contract or don't sign it. As for future GMs, DD has 4 more years on his contract. In 4 years Peter might have decided to retire.

Of the candidates that were interviewed/considered when DD was hired how many were with other clubs and under contract (I count six Josh Byrnes (Padres), Gerry Hunsicker (Rays), J.P. Ricciardi (Mets), Thad Levine (Rangers), Tony LaCava (Blue Jays), and Dan Jennings (Marlins)) ?

The stance you are taking is absurd. I guess DD could have asked for it to be put explicitly in his deal considering who he was dealing with.

The leak has been sourced as from Rogers.

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/sports/bluejays/2014/12/07/reports_have_jays_searching_for_replacement_for_beeston.html

Dan Duquette was evidently confused that the Fords were the Blues Brothers.

o-DOUG-FORD-ROB-FORD-facebook.jpg

Leaking information about your targets of opportunity in an executive search is almost always a recipe to ensure you don't get who you want -- I have experience here. I really think this story will die within a day. Dan has no real opportunity to pursue this now, even if he is interested, and the Rogers group has blown this avenue by not following appropriate protocol. It's just not worth it to them to take Angelos on.

Of the candidates that were interviewed/considered when DD was hired how many were with other clubs and under contract (I count six Josh Byrnes (Padres), Gerry Hunsicker (Rays), J.P. Ricciardi (Mets), Thad Levine (Rangers), Tony LaCava (Blue Jays), and Dan Jennings (Marlins)) ?

The stance you are taking is absurd. I guess DD could have asked for it to be put explicitly in his deal considering who he was dealing with.

None of the guys they interviewed were current GMS.

No, most owners won't like a lateral move. A better analogy would be allowing a coach to interview for a managers position.

This would be a lateral move as well. The Orioles don't have a president. DD is Executive Vice President of the Orioles that is the highest position on the team under Peter Angelos. The blue jays aren't going to make DD the owner.

Archived