Orioles Sign Delmon Young - 1 Year Deal

SticksandStones

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick is better. Pearce's defensive numbers last year were not reflective of his abilities IMO. He's respectable, and that's about all.

His numbers were better than Nick's prior to last year. Personally, I think he looks better than Nick. He has deceivingly good speed out there imo. Not sure about the arm. I will be interesting to see what he could do with a full year in RF, though I doubt that ever happens.

His numbers were better than Nick's prior to last year. Personally, I think he looks better than Nick. He has deceivingly good speed out there imo. Not sure about the arm. I will be interesting to see what he could do with a full year in RF, though I doubt that ever happens.

Pearce played, what, four games in RF last year? I'm not going to debate past history. I hope the plays good defense this year.

Pearce played, what, four games in RF last year? I'm not going to debate past history. I hope the plays good defense this year.

Well, you're the one that brought up last years numbers for Pearce. You're asking why he didn't play more RF last year? For his career he's played more games in RF than LF. I don't see what good speed and getting to balls has to do between RF and LF. If anything playing balls off the bat is arguably harder in LF. As I said, I do question his arm strength for RF (though I suspect it is probably adequate).

I'm pretty sure I've read posts of yours conceding that the tight zone has gotten tighter (i.e harder to get walks) over the past few years. No?

Ahh an issue of terminology. I would not call a larger strike zone "tighter".

You had me thinking MLB released something about making the zone smaller to increase scoring.

Yes a larger strike zone does conceivably help hackers.

Ahh an issue of terminology. I would not call a larger strike zone "tighter".

You had me thinking MLB released something about making the zone smaller to increase scoring.

Yes a larger strike zone does conceivably help hackers.

Yeah, I didn't do well there. Looser or more liberal strike zone would have been correct, not tighter. i agree with you on he bolded.

I like that Delmon's coming back. I view him as the 13th position player. If that's the case, then they won't have 8 guys in the bullpen. With the two rule V guys and the six starters, room there is very tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt both the Rule 5 guys will be on the team. At least one of them will have an "injury" that he spends about 2 months in Norfolk rehabbing, or winds up getting sent back to his team.

Archived