Neil Walker

weams

An upgrade at 2B is appealing. Schoop isn't likely to become a whole lot, it could make sense to keep him at AAA to work on his offense and maybe some 3B and see if he could make it as a utility player. If the Pirates would do Gonzalez for Walker I'd do it in a heartbeat. It seems fair to me but I tend to over value current O's players.

If the Orioles didn't think much of Schoop why did they play him every day at the age of 22, right through the playoffs? I think they (rightly) have a good bit of hope that Schoop will progress into a valuable player. And it's not really the O's way to acquire guys just as they're getting expensive to replace cheap and potentially productive young players.

They gave Drew 5 plus million.

If it's a one year deal I don't see him being there next year and still think the Yanks would be candidates in trading for him.

Id be surprised if the Os trade for him but could see them pursuing him in FA if he hits the market.

I don't see Pittsburgh trading him before AS break and especially if the are in the playoff hunt again unless someone offers them something they can't say no to. And that wouldn't be Baltimore.

If the Orioles didn't think much of Schoop why did they play him every day at the age of 22, right through the playoffs? I think they (rightly) have a good bit of hope that Schoop will progress into a valuable player. And it's not really the O's way to acquire guys just as they're getting expensive to replace cheap and potentially productive young players.

They had no other plausible options. That's why. I understand giving Schoop more of a shot to see what he becomes but at the same time if you can upgrade by dealing from a strength to fill a weakness at a time of hopeful contention then you should probably do it. I don't want to see anymore sub .600 OPS regulars.

Archived