vs. RED SOX, 4/20

OFFNY

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't heard that rep. Merely that they heard he was lazy. Not the same thing.

I'm aware that they aren't the same thing. I haven't heard of him being lazy except for Buck's comments in the Spring. I remember reading comments made by White Sox fans after the trade that they were glad he was gone because he makes a good bit of boneheaded decisions.

De Aza has become a black hole.

I agree.

17 Ks and a .239 avg so far. He also doesn't shorten his swing with 2 strikes. I suggested that he isn't a good lead off hitter for this team and I can ganged up on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• It's pretty hard to say definitively that the bolded is true.  It might be, but there's also the loss in ability you have to account for.  30 year olds are slower than 26 year olds too.  Maybe their game knowledge and practice have made it so they can overcome the meager loss in bat speed/athleticism over that time span.  But the picture is a bit muddy.   I also don't think the aging issue is limited to people in their mid-late 30s.  Bat speed peaks at like 24 or 25 based on the data we have right now on it, and after 31 starts falling off fairly fast.  Obviously this is population data and individuals are likely to see different curves.   But outside of the stars that have a lot of ability to lose, it's becoming pretty clear that once you hit your early 30s it's pretty hard to maintain your skills without all the "help" that is extensively tested for.   I think that even for early-30s players teams are much more willing to drop them over giving them expensive market-rate deals, especially since they can abuse young talent so readily.
    • After a really dumb day at work, this was an absolutely delightful read. Seeing a diamond expert and a can of corn detonate a yoked PBA pro was absolutely wonderful. I love this website. 
    • If you pitch Bradish on 5 days rest you'd pitch Rodriguez on 3 days rest?
    • I think if you look at it draft by draft most years Elias did not have a chance to take a pitcher early. 2019 was Adley/Witt, 2020 everyone wanted Austin Martin SS over Kjerstad, 2021 it was Cowser or a few high school SS, and 2022 it was 5 position players at the top of the draft. I think Asa Lacy or Max Meyer were the only pitchers we could have possibly taken up until last year. 
    • Damn I wish I was that guy
    • Crochet had a monstrous game tonight. 7 IP 2 H 1 ER 2 BB 13 Ks I would love to have him even if it meant moving him to the bullpen for the final stretch but someone is gonna drastically overpay for him with top of rotation potential and 2x additional seasons of club control.    assuming it starts with Mayo, Kjerstad, Povich etc 
  • Popular Contributors