Why is Brian Matusz on the roster??

webbrick2010

I don't no whether to laugh or cry. I have been harping on this for 3 years and still I get no relief as Brian Matusz is still on the O's roster. He doesn't have anything even remotely resembling ML stuff and yet he is still on the roster, sucking down 3.2million dollars that could have been spent on an outfielder who you know could actually catch and throw a baseball. Seven hits and a walk in 3 innings and most of the outs were very loud. Watching Matusz pitch is just like getting to the park real early to see batting practice. When is enough enough, when will he be DFA'd. The Rays cut Balfour loose and they have to pay him even more than Matusz.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because DD was half in Toronto and decided to pick up his option because he thought he would be in Toronto?

Seriously, who knows man. 99% of this board thought he would be non-tendered.

This was one bad offseason. Rule 5 guy's were nothing special. Snider looks terrible defensively. Cabrera was a good signing (DD was actually engaged at that point). but really..just not a good offseason.

I suppose if they drop Garcia. Matusz can go back to his LOOGY role. Norris and Gausman will also need to be sorted out, No doubt this idea to overexpose Matusz was a bad idea,

I think they had hoped he would pitch well short-term and sell his starter stock. Well...they lost and his value is nil now.

I don't no whether to laugh or cry. I have been harping on this for 3 years and still I get no relief as Brian Matusz is still on the O's roster. He doesn't have anything even remotely resembling ML stuff and yet he is still on the roster, sucking down 3.2million dollars that could have been spent on an outfielder who you know could actually catch and throw a baseball. Seven hits and a walk in 3 innings and most of the outs were very loud. Watching Matusz pitch is just like getting to the park real early to see batting practice. When is enough enough, when will he be DFA'd. The Rays cut Balfour loose and they have to pay him even more than Matusz.

You seem to be one of the few smart guys around here. I too saw this years ago, that Brian Matusz was trash. It only took most the fanbase half a decade to figure that one out.

I think they had hoped he would pitch well short-term and sell his starter stock. Well...they lost and his value is nil now.

Pretty obvious nobody bought on that after a decent ST. But yeah, seams obvious to me they eere looking for more from him this year ..... and he just doesn't have it.

You should be banned from starting posts about Matusz. It's old. We get it.

I'll say! Matusz was decent in both 2013 and 2014, and yet, webbrick by his own admission has been harping on this for three years. And will continue to be silent any time Matusz has a good outing and never fail to post negative stuff when he has a bad one.

All that said, Matusz had nothing tonight.

Yay all of the negative nellies are out.

Better than hearing you, Corn and Redskins Guy talk back and fourth all day long:)

I like to hear different opinions. Don't scare off new posters or deter others from posters. I don't think that is wise for business.

Better than hearing you, Corn and Redskins Guy talk back and fourth all day long:)

I like to hear different opinions. Don't scare off new posters or deter others from posters. I don't think that is wise for business.

It isn't about differing opinions. Webberick blasts Matusz in 90% of his posts. There is nothing different when he posts. And then you have calmunderfire come and pretty much call everyone stupid when no one really wanted Matusz to stay.

I'll say! Matusz was decent in both 2013 and 2014, and yet, webbrick by his own admission has been harping on this for three years. And will continue to be silent any time Matusz has a good outing and never fail to post negative stuff when he has a bad one.

All that said, Matusz had nothing tonight.

Beyond being a LOOGY do you have any confidence in Matusz?

It isn't about differing opinions. Webberick blasts Matusz in 90% of his posts. There is nothing different when he posts. And then you have calmunderfire come and pretty much call everyone stupid when no one really wanted Matusz to stay.

Well, what he is saying has truth. I bet if you did a poll on if Matusz should be tendered or not, 75% would have expected him to be non-tendered. The fact he was tendered is a real head-scratcher...

Archived