I keep coming on here waiting for someone to call out manny and nothing

Spakman

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can like all of you chill out for a second?

Manny is not perfect. No player is perfect. But you know what he is? The best. He is the absolute best 3rd baseman in the game. I don't mind his few errors he's had. He is just in a little slump right now.

He's made amazing plays that no other 3rd baseman in this league could even attempt. I do recall Manny having the "play of the year"

He makes great plays every game. He is my favorite player to watch. He will find his stride. And when he does, he is unstoppable.

So, please don't say "he's not who we think he is," LOL, seriously??? He's proved to me over the years that he's an Allstar player and a potential hall of famer.

As for him being emotional. Honestly, it looked like he was almost about to break down or cry after his error tonight. My heart broke a little for him.

Don't say he doesn't care about the team and he just wants fame or something like that.

He's emotional because he cares about this team a lot. He wants to do well. And I think that when he doesn't, a little part of him dies inside. He needs to build more confidence.

I see a wall between him about to come down.

Don't come down on him too fast. There's a lot of baseball left.

I'll watch it again but he was able to come off the bag and set his feet on the infield before making that throw.

Please do and seriously watch his feet, tell me if there is not hesitation. I may be wrong, but to me it was all about the feet, regardless if he got settled off the bag, split seconds make a difference. He made sure to secure the ball and make the tag on third and even that looked slower than he would normally make that play...IMO.

Absolutely no excuse for butchering that one. That should've been ballgame.

Maybe, I am not looking for an out for him, just thought I saw him struggle with the steps and the thought of the bag being wet.

My God---the excuses. The rain froze on the ball and made it too slippery. OR a surprise tornado. The excuses continue but he ain't what most of you think.

Excuses or reasons? Personally, just trying to consider a reason. I like Manny at third.

That's a play Manny normally makes 99.9% of the time. I'm sure the wet conditions didn't help, but Manny has to make that play, especially with Sandoval running.

Thankfully his teammates picked him up.

When I saw Manny blow that double play, I thought to myself, "oh no, not again, not ANOTHER error???!!!" I thought that instead of choosing a losing pitcher, they should choose a "losing 3Bman. " Fortunately, Adam Jones and David Lough saved the day for us.

It didn't cost us the game. It didn't even allow a run to score. All it did was extend the inning. There were still two outs, and one of our best relivers was in the game. Manny didn't force O'Day to throw a lousy 1-2 pitch to the next batter for a three run homer..[/QUOTE]

If manny made a 2 out error and the opposing team scored more runs in that inning then in fact that is exactly what he did.

This whole thing reminds me of the over reaction when aj dropped a routine fly ball last year early in the season and my buddy (and people here) took him to task. Look how he played rest of the year and over his whole career. Manny is and will be fine. He's struggling, but get the team a few wins and everything gets better.

Manny isn't perfect. None of us are.

This is great. With any luck this is going to become an Eddie Murray situation so Baltimore can say we ran 2 homegrown Hall of Fame players out of town because we were more worried about what they weren't than what they were. I personally think there is little doubt he will end somewhere on the spectrum between multi-time All Star and HOF player if he stays healthy. He is on that track. He has done a lot of amazing things at a very young age.

I want him to stay grounded and treat people with respect. Other than that, I will take anything he can give on the field and be thankful he plays for my team.

There was also a period last year where a bunch of people here were sure JJ was done and had become a defensive liability when he made 4-6 errors in about a 10 game stretch. The stuff I read on here was completely crazy talk. I can go find the threads. Instead, he settled and won another gold glove. You would think people would learn to stop overreacting but it just doesn't happen.

We can only hope that the players put the what-have-you-done-for-me-in-the-last-72-hours crowd in the proper context.

Manny isn't perfect. None of us are.

This is great. With any luck this is going to become an Eddie Murray situation so Baltimore can say we ran 2 homegrown Hall of Fame players out of town because we were more worried about what they weren't than what they were. I personally think there is little doubt he will end somewhere on the spectrum between multi-time All Star and HOF player if he stays healthy. He is on that track. He has done a lot of amazing things at a very young age.

I want him to stay grounded and treat people with respect. Other than that, I will take anything he can give on the field and be thankful he plays for my team.

The list of players who have accumulated at least 10 WAR through their age 22 season is incredibly short and filled with hall of famers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived