I keep coming on here waiting for someone to call out manny and nothing

Spakman

Guy has got to get in check. Talented as hell but cries after every called strike, plays defense like he can make every play without trying to hard, makes errors because of it. I keep looking for this thread and had to make it myself.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guy has got to get in check. Talented as hell but cries after every called strike, plays defense like he can make every play without trying to hard, makes errors because of it. I keep looking for this thread and had to make it myself.

You didn't find the thread you were looking for (and then created) because there was no reason for it to exist. Sure Machado's BA is a little low right now. But he only has 59 ABs. As far as errors, 3 isn't good this early... but it's still VERY early. His career fielding percentage right now would have him in the top 20 all time with enough time in the league... so again, not sure what you're talking about.

Palmer took him to task tonight for his mini-tantrum after popping out-- and rightly so.

As far as his play, Manny is missing balls that he usually catches, but they haven't been routine plays. On offense, he's just a little off. Pretty sure he'll turn it around soon. 6 walks in 64 ABs is encouraging.

Manny had an awful game tonight, but he has the talent to be an elite player. Right now he's allowing his emotions to get the best of him. Whether it's swinging through a fastball in the middle of the plate on a 3-2 count in a key moment or taking that failure to the field, Manny looked like a 21-year old tonight.

Saying all of that, he will be fine and will get better. The pitching and defense is this team's biggest issue right now, although clutch hitting has been pretty bad as well.

I'm not worried about his hitting at all. It's his attitude and defense I worry about.

And with a 96.8% fielding percentage over his career, I wouldn't worry about that either.

I could deal without some of the dramatic theatrics... but noone's perfect.

I agree 1000%---but we better both look out for the "potential police".

Manny had an awful game tonight, but he has the talent to be an elite player. Right now he's allowing his emotions to get the best of him. Whether it's swinging through a fastball in the middle of the plate on a 3-2 count in a key moment or taking that failure to the field, Manny looked like a 21-year old tonight.

Saying all of that, he will be fine and will get better. The pitching and defense is this team's biggest issue right now, although clutch hitting has been pretty bad as well.

We went through this last year.When Manny threw the bat,he is young.If Bryce Harper does it,he is a jerk. But most people defend your own team.

I agree with whoever said "he wants to do well for his team," and when he doesn't, it definitely affects him emotionally.

We've seen more good from him than bad.

He had a bad game tonight. But, honestly there is no other player I want playing third. He has a highlight reel from these past few years that would be considered as an entire career for others.

He's young, he'll figure out how to control his temper, and when he does, he'll be one of the best role models in the game.

Archived