The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

My only concern is the pitchers' walk rate. Last year they were 14th in the Majors in BB/9, and that was with Ubaldo walking 77 in 125 innings. This year Ubaldo has cut his walk rate by over 2 per 9 and they're still 26th in the league in free passes. Combine that with well-below-average HR/9 and HR/FB rates and that's just about the entirety of the problem.

Very good points.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What team wouldn't be better with the hottest hitter in baseball? It's far less certain if that team will be better over the next 3.8 years paying a mid-30s DH $15M+ a year. I'm sure most of us would have more enjoyable lives with a freshly restored 1988 Ferrari Testarossa, until a few months down the road it needs $18k in repairs and you start thinking maybe you could have spent your hard earned cash on something less risky.

You keep saying this, but you have to pay for top talent if you're going to compete, and he is top talent. Signing guys like De Aza every year is fine if you don't care about competing. And competing means you are going to increase revenues.

The Orioles are 2nd in the league in team OPS, 3rd in RPG (behind TOR and KC) and tied for 4th in HRs despite playing fewer games. Jones has stepped up his game.

The problem we had last night is the continued disappointment that is Tillman's 2015 season to date. It has been very obvious (and common sense) that when we get good starting pitching, generally good things happen. I don't care how well Cruz does this season. The point has been made countless times, he won't live up to his contract all four years.

Tillman was bad early last season. I bet he straightens out.

I've watched and listened to about a third of their games this year, because I don't feel like they're good enough to make the playoffs this year - hopefully they prove me wrong. Last year, I watched or listened to almost every game. I'm not the only one like that.

The Orioles didn't have health at this time last year. Manny Machado had missed the entire first month of the season and was basically useless for all of May as he went through his "spring training." Chris Davis had just gone on the DL with the oblique injury that contributed to his terrible season.

And somebody, probably multiple somebodies, will have career seasons this year just as Norris did last season. Jimmy Paredes looks like a good bet to do so. Possibly Adam Jones. I'm just not understanding the reasoning that not a single player this year will be better than last year.

Last year, was so similar, it's eerie.

Even on May 30th last season, they were one game under .500 and having issues trying to find themselves.

You keep saying this, but you have to pay for top talent if you're going to compete, and he is top talent. Signing guys like De Aza every year is fine if you don't care about competing. And competing means you are going to increase revenues.
No he is not. He is a one dimensional player a DH who has a history of not being able to play a full season. A good hitter but no Trout, McCutcheon, or even Adam Jones, true top talent.

I do not feel the team is playing as well as they are capable of so far. Despite the slight offensive slump over the last week, my bigger concern is that Tillman and Norris have been struggling and the defense hasn't been as sharp as the last two years. I still feel there's plenty of time for the team to round into form. I'm glad Hardy and Flaherty are back, and hopefully we'll have Schoop

and Wieters eventually.

Yep :agree: with this if you want to be concerned here's a few to get your panties in a bunch over. :rofl:

Yeah this could end up a .500 team, and it could win 90 some games relax. This team spit out .500 ball till June last year.

Which is what I have been saying all week, and people ignore it and want to doom and gloom and it's crazy, the insanity of OH after a couple of loses.

Which is what I have been saying all week, and people ignore it and want to doom and gloom and it's crazy, the insanity of OH after a couple of loses.

I've missed the last 3 games fishing, damn it, it's.... it's ALL MY FAULT I'll watch tonight BLOW OUT TIME FOR THE MFY. :rofl:

I've watched and listened to about a third of their games this year, because I don't feel like they're good enough to make the playoffs this year - hopefully they prove me wrong. Last year, I watched or listened to almost every game. I'm not the only one like that.

Then last year, at this point, you would have been saying the same thing.

They struggled to find their way, and wasn't until mid june, when they finally starting turning it on.

Archived