vs. YANKEES, 5/10

OFFNY

He can't stay on the team all year.

I had hope for him but his inconsistency with command is concerning. No real progression. His last outing before today was better, but 4 BB and a double off the bat of Gregorius? That's depressing.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless the team feels it has to... which should tell you something about the state of our supposedly deep-depth pitching...

I don't buy it. We have Tyler Wilson, Mike Wright, and Oliver Drake all ready to contribute waiting in Norfolk. A couple other good arms in AA that have shown inconsistency as starters, but could help out of the pen in the near future.

I think Wright in particular has the potential to be dominant out of the pen and we saw a glimpse of that in Spring Training.

I had hope for him but his inconsistency with command is concerning. No real progression. His last outing before today was better, but 4 BB and a double off the bat of Gregorius? That's depressing.

Nearly a 3 run homer from Gregorius.

I don't buy it. We have Tyler Wilson, Mike Wright, and Oliver Drake all ready to contribute waiting in Norfolk. A couple other good arms in AA that have shown inconsistency as starters, but could help out of the pen in the near future.

I think Wright in particular has the potential to be dominant out of the pen and we saw a glimpse of that in Spring Training.

Drake and Wright would only be used in relief at this point. Drake forever, Wright because that is how he gets to the majors. Wilson is not dominating AAA hitters. He's not ready.

5 players I would like to see off the team or in reduced roles:

Norris

Matusz

Garcia

De Aza

Young

Good list and I would agree with it. But I am liking Young more and more. Even with his boneheaded play today. Just do not play him in left field.

Gausman is not possible. Where are you getting this? Give up to source or stop saying it.

Oh okay. Shoulder tendonitis takes WEEKS to heal. You are looking at until July at earliest. 60 day is likely. I will never give up a source and just watch.

Drake and Wright would only be used in relief at this point. Drake forever, Wright because that is how he gets to the majors. Wilson is not dominating AAA hitters. He's not ready.

I'm just talking about possible replacements for Garcia.

I am simply saying who would start if Bud is taken from the rotation. Not who is good or bad. Several good arms there. Including Eddie Gamboa.

Archived