MASN: Free Agents

weams

I would assume a minimum of 3/18 for O'Day on the FA market. That is what I think it would take to resign him here.

While that might not be the most logical/right thing to do, I could see the O's resigning O'Day. In fact, my gut says he's the most likely of the original list to re-sign. Pearce might be back on a 1/5 kind of deal.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taking a look at the roster, the following spots will be filled:

C- Caleb Joseph

C- Clevenger, Perez, O'Brien

2B- Jonathan Schoop

SS- J.J. Hardy

3B- Manny Machado

OF- Adam Jones

OF- Travis Snider

OF- David Lough

INF- Ryan Flaherty

SP- Chris Tillman

SP- Ubaldo Jimenez

SP- Miguel Gonzalez

SP- Kevin Gausman

SP- Bundy, Wright, Davies

RP- Zach Britton

RP- Brad Brach

RP- T.J. MacFarland

Generally, that means we are missing 1B, OF, a bench bat, and several bullpen arms. Some of the pen arms can be filled by the likes of Wright, Davies, Drake, Wilson, Garcia, etc.

To me, I don't know if many of our free agents are all that crucial to resign, depending on who fills the other positions. If we have control of Parmelee next year, he may not be a bad bench bat. Or Reimold. I'd like to see Alvarez and/or Walker pick it up and make themselves a viable option for one of the two other open spots.

Add Paredes to the list of players under team control. DH at least, possible candidate for 1B/OF.

I would peg Wright for the bullpen based on how they have been talking about him, with Wilson on the list for 5th starter candidates.

I think we can fill the pitching staff with organizational arms. Some combination of Bundy, Davies, Wright, Wilson, and Drake can fill out the bullpen and the last starter slot.

Where we will need to spend money is on bats. An OFer and possibly a first baseman. I am not opposed to throwing a chunk of our 50 mil in budget space at Justin Upton. Dexter Fowler and Denard Span are cheaper options that will sure up our defense and give us a legit leadoff hitter.

Archived