MASN: Free Agents

weams

From a group consisting of Chen, Bud Norris, Matt Wieters, Chris Davis, Darren O'Day, Tommy Hunter, Steve Pearce, Alejandro De Aza, Delmon Young and Wesley Wright, I'd place the over/under on players re-signed at three.

Sounds too low? Well, I'd take the under if pressed to wager today.

Roch Kubatko

My two? Delmon and Pearce

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch Kubatko

My two? Delmon and Pearce

Tough call. I would like to see what we have in Wright before writing him off. I would love to retain O'Day and most of all Chen. Pretty much resigned to losing Wieters and Davis. Chen will hurt the most, but Bundy could potentially perform as well, plus we would get the comp pick.

I'd want Chen and O'Day, but neither one will be worth it for this team to pay market value to bring them back. Depending on how his season goes, Wieters could be a good candidate for a one year deal. If hes rejects that, I'd slap QOs on Wieters, Davis, and Chen.

I'd want Chen and O'Day' date=' but neither one will be worth it for this team to pay market value to bring them back. Depending on how his season goes, Wieters could be a good candidate for a one year deal. If hes rejects that, I'd slap QOs on Wieters, Davis, and Chen.[/quote']

IS Chen even a candidate to be resigned? Working for Boras and all?

There is a lot of solid free agents this year, and with all the money coming off I expect more then lets just sign depth.

You are saying that if the MASN dispute is resolved in the MLB/Nationals favor that you don't anticipate an 85 million dollar payroll?

I expect one of Pearce, Young and Davis. I don't know what to think about Wieters now. If he comes back at less than 100%, I could see him wanting a year to prove himself. The pitching is not gonna be a big deal, I think. Next year's rotation could be: Tillman, Ubaldo, Miggy, Gausman and Bundy. We also have many AAA arms that could probably fill out the bullpen. I am really fearful of paying alot for bullpen arms; they seem so much like a crapshoot. Next year we need a 1B and some OF's.

I think that, this year, the team will have to think about spending more to retain some of their quality FAs. I'm not quite buying the idea that the Os are a "small market" team. I'm not saying that they're the Yankees, but putting artificial limits will only hurt team continuity.

With that thought in mind, I believe that O's management needs to take a serious run at resigning Chen. I know, I know, the hated Scott Boras is his agent. Os management needs to drop all of their grudges against Boras and make a serious effort to get Wei-Yin back.

I also would like to see Pearce, O'Day, and Young back. Pearce doesn't seem to be hitting as much as last year, but I think that he's coming out of his batting funk and I simply love the guy. O'Day is a huge fan favorite -- you should have heard the fans singing "O'DAAAAAAY, O'DAYY, O'DAAAAAAAY-OH!!!" the other night when O'Day came in during the 8th inning. I also like Delmon Young, who has been reported to be the first guy out during practice. I like that sort of attitude.

Just my opinion.:thumbsup1:

We need a 1B and some OF's.

I think any of these folks could be on the team.

13 Michael Almanzar 3B R R

11 Paul Janish SS R R

12 Jayson Nix 2B R R

41 Chris Parmelee IF L L

22 Christian Walker 1B R R

26 Dariel Alvarez RF R R

5 Julio Borbon CF L L

14 Nolan Reimold RF R R

51 Henry Urrutia LF L R

Archived