HHP: MASN/Nats/Orioles case (Inside the Courtroom)

Frobby

I don't think that is right.

According to this article he ranks #14 in MLB's richest owners. His net worth is over $1 billion. His law practice is most of his wealth, doing asbestos, tobacco, and drug claims. He was on the Forbes 400 up until a few years ago.

Forbes dropped him off the billionaire list, a couple of years ago.

its been discussed in OH before.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/139412-New-Forbes-Billionaire-List-out-9-Marylanders-on-it-No-Peter-Angelos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think that is right.

According to this article he ranks #14 in MLB's richest owners. His net worth is over $1 billion. His law practice is most of his wealth, doing asbestos, tobacco, and drug claims. He was on the Forbes 400 up until a few years ago.

Last I heard they were cutting back at the law firm.

When's the last big win they have had?

We are still forced to watch Angelos let's go sue somebody commercials up here, so he must be still looking for work.

By the way. It's free content. They pay for it by selling advertising. I've been told if I don't like it I should buy a book and sit outside and read it.

See, there's a classic case of a super-wealthy owner who nevertheless doesn't subsidize his baseball team with the revenue he earns from other businesses. So why would anyone expect Peter Angelos, who has nowhere near that level of wealth, to do so?

I'm sure Clevelanders hate their owner, too. Everyone does when their owner doesn't run the team as a loss-leader for their own personal enjoyment and ego.

But if the team owes the money to the owner...

Always struck me as an accounting trick of some sort.

If the owner passes, and the team owes the money to his estate, his beneficiaries will think of the loan as protection of their inheritance, not an accounting trick.

Archived