HHP: MASN/Nats/Orioles case (Inside the Courtroom)

Frobby

For me, I like the owners like Mark Cuban, they made their wealth and their sports club ownership, is their hobby, their love and they don't dictate decision necessary on the ledger accounting sheet, like you would a normal business.

Again, look at the Mavs.

Worth 1,115 Million.

168 Million in Revenue

13 Million was their profit

Truly, if this was operated as a true business, you would see a higher profit margin.

As corn said, that's not tiny profit, that's not bad at all. And that's after they've done all the accounting magic that reduces their taxable profit. And remember, the end goal is appreciation in value of the franchise and according to your numbers the Mavs are worth a big room full of gold bullion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As corn said, that's not tiny profit, that's not bad at all. And that's after they've done all the accounting magic that reduces their taxable profit. And remember, the end goal is appreciation in value of the franchise and according to your numbers the Mavs are worth a big room full of gold bullion.

I wouldn't call a bit over 30 tons a big room full. ;)

For me, I like the owners like Mark Cuban, they made their wealth and their sports club ownership, is their hobby, their love and they don't dictate decision necessary on the ledger accounting sheet, like you would a normal business.

Again, look at the Mavs.

Worth 1,115 Million.

168 Million in Revenue

13 Million was their profit

Truly, if this was operated as a true business, you would see a higher profit margin.

Does it also show expenses? Most sports teams don't show their balance sheet.You can also depreciate some stuff,accrue things into the next fiscal year.Write off and do other things to make a quarter or a fiscal year look bad or good.

Forbes dropped him off the billionaire list, a couple of years ago.

its been discussed in OH before.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/139412-New-Forbes-Billionaire-List-out-9-Marylanders-on-it-No-Peter-Angelos

That thread from May 2014, this article from November placing him right at $1 billion and the 14th richest owner. Certainly not one of the "poorer owners" as has been alleged (multiple times) in this thread.

That thread from May 2014, this article from November placing him right at $1 billion and the 14th richest owner. Certainly not one of the "poorer owners" as has been alleged (multiple times) in this thread.

Rant Finance. Heck. Maybe he hid some assets in other counties. His share of the Orioles and MASN is valued close to 800 million. Did not know he had 2 billion.

Does it also show expenses? Most sports teams don't show their balance sheet.You can also depreciate some stuff,accrue things into the next fiscal year.Write off and do other things to make a quarter or a fiscal year look bad or good.

Why are we talking about Cuban. He is banned from MLB.

Liberty Media 112 billion.

Archived