Starting to look a lot like 2013...

Shabadoo25

In 2013, between the starters, the bullpen and the hitters, one or more were always screwing up. When one would improve, another would fall apart.

I still believe that teams that aren't star-power based will struggle the years after postseason appearances. It's almost like most MLB players need a full off season to show up fully recharged the next year.

Look at the Giants, winning the WS every other year...

In 2013, between the starters, the bullpen and the hitters, one or more were always screwing up. When one would improve, another would fall apart.

I still believe that teams that aren't star-power based will struggle the years after postseason appearances. It's almost like most MLB players need a full off season to show up fully recharged the next year.

Look at the Giants, winning the WS every other year...

I think that's the way it is with most winning teams regardless of the sport.

We are also looking a lot like 2014 at this point. The margin for error between and 75-85 win team and a 85-95 win team is not that much. If 2/5 of our rotation continues to stink, we will be an 80 win team. If we can get four or even all five giving us decent starts every time out like last year, we can win 95 again.

ALso keep in mind, the A's looked like a sure thing for 100 wins last year at this time. They ended up missing the playoffs and you see where they are now.

The 2013 Orioles started 42-31. Then went 43-46 the rest of the way. They had a good offense but the pitching was not good. This team has a good offense and good pitching.

The hitting went south at times just like it has in May this year. Usually right about when a beleaguered starter threw a quality start.

Archived