Its time to promote Chris Parmelee (Activated, Chen to Frederick)

wildcard

You have to look at it as Plan A failed. Lough, De Aza, Snider, Pearce, Young did not win the jobs. Plan B is Reimold and Parmelee. Let's see what they can do from now until deadline deal time. Then if necessary Plan C is trade for a LF/RF. Is losing Snider all that bad. 1 HR. No power. Even his double last night was mis played. Are we going to pay him 4 million in Arb next year? Parmelee might not even be Arb eligible next year. I'd sure like to have him around for the 1st base mix next year. Bottom line is that Snider flopped and its time to see what someone else can do.

What is the plan for keeping Parmelee on the roster until the deadline?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And then there's this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chen has been dealing w overall body fatigue before Monday's gem. Showalter said. So he'll get scaled back and then come back When eligible</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">June 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He sure didn't look fatigued last night! I'm not sure I would have made this move, considering how well Chen has pitched this year. But, it's a move only the Orioles would dream up -- sending down the guy who leads their starting pitchers in ERA and IP/start, and who just threw an 8-inning gem.

I hope so because that means he's hitting. Ideally we wouldn't have to trade for anyone.

I asked what the plan was.

For the record I don't have a real problem with the moves, I just think they are pretty inconsequential. The fact that Chen needs a breather does make it more sensible.

I like the move - obviously all these guys can't stay on the team for the long term, but it allows you to: A) see, at least a little bit, of what you may have in Parmalee; B) ride a hot hand, if there is one; C) hedge against potential injury for another week or two; and D) allow more time to potentially trade one of the OFs without having the immediately obvious forcing function of a DFA.

What does that mean?

EDIT: It doesn't really matter because I will do anything since there is more chance of me winning mega millions than there is of Delmon Young being removed from the 25-man roster this week.

Unless, of course, he gets injured, in which case I think we can agree as gentlemen that the bet is off. :D

It's a sandwich, a really really gross, bad for you sandwich. Google it. LOL

I asked what the plan was.

For the record I don't have a real problem with the moves, I just think they are pretty inconsequential. The fact that Chen needs a breather does make it more sensible.

i see what you're saying. I agree with Chen needing a break. He's on pace for 208 IP. His previous years have been 192.2, 137, 185. We're going to need a fresh Chen for the Royals in the ALCS this time around.

For all the naysayers (Corn), I think you will be surprised by Parmalee. If we move Davis to the RF, I think it could be a significant upgrade if Davis does well there. We will see. I think he provides a spark, can't wait.

Actually, we're 35-30 against Toronto since Chen got here in 2012.

It is interesting to note that Buck repeatedly has ducked using Chen against Toronto. In the 3.4 seasons he's been with the Orioles, Chen has started against the Jays only four times (1-3, 5.40 ERA), compared to 16 vs. Tampa, 14 vs. Boston, and 11 vs. New York. I'd never realized it was so drastic until I looked it up.

It is interesting to note that Buck repeatedly has ducked using Chen against Toronto. In the 3.4 seasons he's been with the Orioles, Chen has started against the Jays only four times (1-3, 5.40 ERA), compared to 16 vs. Tampa, 14 vs. Boston, and 11 vs. New York. I'd never realized it was so drastic until I looked it up.

Wow: that's crazy. Thanks for posting.

I am sure his checking account will thank him next year when he gets some outrageous sum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived