Coco Crisp to Mets?

blueberryale77

WFAN is reporting that the Mets are close to acquiring Coco Crisp from the Red Sox for Angel Pagan. This sounds to me like not enough value for Crisp, but more realistic than the Boston sources that were earlier claiming they were going to get Rich Hill for Crisp and a prospect. The Mets could use RH outfield help, but Crisp isn't exactly a perfect fit. They need more of a corner OF/1B type who can spell Delgado. I also wonder how badly the Cubs wanted him and if they offered more than Angel Pagan (who they recently sold back to the Mets for cash considerations).

As for links, the only place it's in print is blogs and mlbtraderumors, and they just site the WFAN report.

I think the case here is that the Red Sox dont want Crisp complaining about being a 4th OF. Ellisbury has earned the CF spot, he shouldnt have to go back to AAA. The Sox are basically giving Crisp away, but in Pagan get a player they know will be content in the back-up OF spot.

I think the case here is that the Red Sox dont want Crisp complaining about being a 4th OF. Ellisbury has earned the CF spot, he shouldnt have to go back to AAA. The Sox are basically giving Crisp away, but in Pagan get a player they know will be content in the back-up OF spot.

Absolutely it's a matter of them just getting rid of him to get rid of him. Pagan is tearing it up this spring and all, but it still seems like the Sox could get a little more (not that I want them to), even if they are desperate to dump him.

Covelli Crisp of

3 years/$15.5M (2007-09), plus $8M 2010 club option

* signed extension 4/06

* $1M signing bonus

* 07:$3.5M, 08:$4.75M, 09:$5.75M, 10:$8M club option ($0.5M buyout)

* 1 year/$2.75M (2006)

o re-signed 2/06, avoided arbitration ($3.05M-$2.35M)

* 1 year/$0.3649M (2005), re-signed 3/05

* 1 year/$0.3194M (2004), re-signed 3/04

* agent: Steve Comte

* ML service: 4.158

I didnt realize he signed such a big deal. But I wonder where he will play when/if Alou/Beltran/Church are all healthy at the same time.

Absolutely it's a matter of them just getting rid of him to get rid of him. Pagan is tearing it up this spring and all, but it still seems like the Sox could get a little more (not that I want them to), even if they are desperate to dump him.

I think that is harder done than said. Corey Patterson had to sign a minor league deal and Kenny Lofton is still a free agent. Apparently teams just arent in the market for OFers right now. Most people thought the Mets were going to waive Pagan anyway.

I didnt realize he signed such a big deal. But I wonder where he will play when/if Alou/Beltran/Church are all healthy at the same time.

Alou will miss his share of time due to age and Church could stand to sit against most lefties. They'll find room. Beltran always has his share of injuries too.

Alou will miss his share of time due to age and Church could stand to sit against most lefties. They'll find room. Beltran always has his share of injuries too.

Heck, Beltran is coming back from an injury just now. He has been DHing because of a sore knee.

Archived